• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Culture of Dependence Much?

When you look under the dictionary for the word shameless, there should be a picture of Larry Fick.

I don't believe a word of it. That story was probably made up by conservative tea-baggers because the link is to "My Fox" which is probably related to Fox News which is biased Nobody but rich old white men watch Fox anything.

At least jhmd is complaining about a white guy this time. (Or maybe he didn't look at the photo.)

At least jhmd is complaining about a white guy this time. (Or maybe he didn't look at the photo.)

Which would (further) point out that I judge each case on its own merits and facts; unlike overbroad, stereotype perpetuating, do-gooder Dem policies like affirmative action and set asides.

The thread title is the overarching point: our out of control entitlement programs are creating a culture where a growing number of people look to someone else for everything. The welfare state is a cleptocracy, and that sad phenomenon crosses all demographic lines.

Last edited:
Do Republicans really want to get into a battle about millionaires receiving taxpayer money?

Why is receiving a shitload of money not considered income? I realize that jhmd is a troll, but isn't this guy as bad as the adult baby, whom we have all encouraged to end himself?

Last edited:
Who cares? That wasn't the point of my post.

Why is receiving a shitload of money not considered income? I realize that jhmd is a troll, but isn't this guy as bad as the adult baby, whom we have all encouraged to end himself?

Don't understand that at all - for income tax purposes, it would have been $2 million of income last year. And for this year, does the guy have it all hidden under the mattress? On $2 million, even if you're getting crappy returns, I would think you'd be bringing in enough in interest/dividends to disqualify you from welfare.

So this guy won $2M and he's still collecting food stamps? Yeah he can off himself too. God we are so fucked.

Which would (further) point out that I judge each case on its own merits and facts; unlike overbroad, stereotype perpetuating, do-gooder Dem policies like affirmative action and set asides.

The thread title is the overarching point: our out of control entitlement programs are creating a culture where a growing number of people look to someone else for everything. The welfare state is a cleptocracy, and that sad phenomenon crosses all demographic lines.

I agree with jh. We should use examples of a couple of bad actors to generalize about an entire group of people.

Signed,

Greg Little, Marvin Austin, and Robert Quinn.

The guy took a lump sum of $800,000. He told the state did it and according to their law he still qualified. Whether it's right or not he did what the law he shoudl do.

It's funny many of those who are outraged have no problem with oil company subsidies ot other forms of corporate welfare.

Those laws do need to be changed.

someone I know lost his job as did his wife. Both are in their late 40s. They have three kids.

But because they have some savings, they can't get food stamps. Those savings were getting eaten up paying their mortgage. They shouldn't be forced to lose their home to get food stamps.

Back