• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Sports questions you would want truthful answers to

Sgt Hulka

Board Big Toe
Reaction score
1) What does Jeff Battle really think of bzzzz.

2) What was Wellman's real reason for firing Dino

3) What was Wellman's real reason for hiring bzzzz

4) Why do we have so much trouble finding an offensive philosophy/style under Lobo?

What are yours?

You may not like Harp, and that is fair.

But his questions on this thread are more than appropiate, and I'm sure you'd admit that.

I hate Harp. Guinness is far better, provided you buy it in Europe.

And I can't live down HerpDerp's death threats to our staff. That's SEC bull shit. Call it bad blood.

BAN!!!!

I hate Harp. Guinness is far better, provided you buy it in Europe.

And I can't live down HerpDerp's death threats to our staff. That's SEC bull shit. Call it bad blood.

BAN!!!!

What the fuck are you talking about?

1) Thinks he's an ass, but Bzzz is the boss.
2) Dino wouldn't play golf with him, go to the spa, or bake him cookies.
3) Bzzz loves quiet candlelight dinners, French films, Saturday strolls on the links, baking cookies, and occasional stolen afternoons at the spa.
4) Lobo sucks.

Just my uninformed guesses.

1) What does Jeff Battle really think of bzzzz.

2) What was Wellman's real reason for firing Dino

3) What was Wellman's real reason for hiring bzzzz

4) Why do we have so much trouble finding an offensive philosophy/style under Lobo?

What are yours?

1) They get along very well. They don't always see "eye to eye" but Coach Battle respects the chain of command and is in line with Coach [Redacted].

2) Nobody really knows what really broke the camel's back.

3) Mr. Wellman went after three high profile people and they all turned him down. None of this was at all public and all very "hush-hush." These people were Brad Stevens, Tubby Smith, and Steve Alford; in that order. They all turned Wellman down in a polite, "don't bother" way. Mr. Wellman then panicked and went for somebody he knew was a sure thing. Jeff [Redacted].

There's such a massive, grand canyon like difference between those 3 and Bzzz. Those 3 were probably incredibly unlikely anyway, and Wellman went into this with no middle ground? I don't doubt for a second what you say is true, I just wanna tear my hair out that Wellman didn't have a reasonable alternative after getting shot down by those three. Didn't have to be a sure thing, but someone we could have worked on for a while before going to fat chick Bzzz. The search was only four or five days old IIRC before Bzzz was announced.

Did Wellman even contact Mooney or Brownell? If not he should be fired. Both are provedn winners with ties to the region. Bz is a proven loser with no ties to the region outside of his daughter going to Wake and being friends with Bz.

1) They get along very well. They don't always see "eye to eye" but Coach Battle respects the chain of command and is in line with Coach [Redacted].

2) Nobody really knows what really broke the camel's back.

3) Mr. Wellman went after three high profile people and they all turned him down. None of this was at all public and all very "hush-hush." These people were Brad Stevens, Tubby Smith, and Steve Alford; in that order. They all turned Wellman down in a polite, "don't bother" way. Mr. Wellman then panicked and went for somebody he knew was a sure thing. Jeff [Redacted].

Tubby not even listening is very concerning.

The guy is a coaching mercenary.

I think it's a Ron Wellman problem.

5) There was a vague mention of problems with Vidovich's contract, what are the details and how many years is he currently signed for?

"Can we get someone from the Sopranos to take care of this Bz guy?"

That is, as accurately as I can remember, what you posted.

Seriously? Give it up, man. You're acting like AD plant.

I would really like to know who if anyone Premier Wellman interviewd for the head coaching job before settling on [Redacted].

I thought "all ADs have a list of five immediate candidates" in the event of an opening. Hasn't he told us that before? If so, what happened to the other two?

Back