• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who is the foremost figure in Human Rights?

Amazing Grace was a wonderful movie...should have been nominated for some Oscars

In a sad, twisted way, Adolph Hitler. The language pertaining to human rights in the UN Charter signed in 1945 and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights signed by UN Member states in 1948 were in part, a result of the horror the world experienced as the true extent of the holocaust became known.

I suppose that since Gandhi was a disciple of Christ that we'd defer to Jesus in this instance.

You think we should defer to a person who has been dead for 2000 years?

I'd argue that Gandhi takes the cake in this comparison.

You think we should defer to a person who has been dead for 2000 years?

I'd argue that Gandhi takes the cake in this comparison.

"dead"...really?

I'll echo Napoleon Bonaparte, a man assured of his own destiny and one of the great time-synchronous beings on the order of Alexander the Great. Napoleon said, "I have met every manner of man but none close to this Jesus Christ."

Read history and tell me again just how many charlatans make it 50 or even one hundred years...even the great Rasputin is slowly but surely being forgotten. History will regard a phony for a brief period and then off to the dustbin he goes. No figure from human existence has come remotely close to the time-enduring impact made by "this Jesus Christ."

That is not mere opinion. It is historical fact.

He transcended nomenclature and organizational allegiance and innumerable other avatars have sought his teaching presence...the great Sri Rami Krishna recounted meditating on Christ for years in his garden till one day, in the Saint's words, "I came face to face with the Messiah".

"dead, eh?"

Back