• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Collins, Brown, Paul to vote against Ryan budget plan

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Rand Paul is voting against Ryan's House Budget because it doesn't cut enough.

It looks like susan Collins and Scott Brown are voting againt House Republicans over Medicare and other considerations.

Nothing to see here.

Glad to see Rand is like his daddy in that regard.

The question becomes will anyone else break off.

Snowe..and maybe a few of the other gutless wonders

Yep it's gutless not to want to make sneiors choose between paying for health insurance (if anyone will sell it to them) and eating or a place to live.

LOL. Yes, because that's what happened to seniors in the old days before the New Deal, which Ryan's plan doesn't come close to eliminating. We just let them rot and starve to death and sometimes took them out back and shot them like an old family dog.

Collins and Brown are voting to keep their asses in their seats for the next election. Hard to blame them.

LOL. Yes, because that's what happened to seniors in the old days before the New Deal, which Ryan's plan doesn't come close to eliminating. We just let them rot and starve to death and sometimes took them out back and shot them like an old family dog.

Collins and Brown are voting to keep their asses in their seats for the next election. Hard to blame them.

In the old days, there weren't $1000+ visits to the doctors office for an MRI. It didn't cost what a condo in FL costs to have your appendix out.

Chemo didn't exist to any widespread amount.

You know, I think I get why this is upsetting you, RJ. Aren't you about to start pulling social security?

Not for a while.....but theoretically it won't effect anyone over 45.

It looks like Snowe and murkowski are voting no and Lugar is thinking about it.

What did we do with our old and infirmed back then in the good ole days?

Last edited:
WnB, we gave them a couple ounces of weed and let them die with dignity.

RJ, I think the AARP takes members at 50.

AARP makes the Mafia look like good business partners and North Korea took lessons on creating a dictatorship form AARP.

Republicans will be running away in droves from the Ryan "death squad budget" in the Senate. They will soon discover that the two things Republicans hate the most, social security and medicare, are two things average Americans love the most. I can't wait to watch it unfold!!

And what I can't wait to watch and unfold is the fiscal train wreck just around the bend. I figure about 4-5 more years of $1 - $1.5 Trillion deficits should just about do the trick.

Hello Greek and Irish style austerity measures.

Me thinks the GOP would be smart to just sit back and go along with the Dems plan of doing absolutely nothing and keeping their heads in the sand.

Maybe the tooth fairy will come along and fix everything.

Yep it's gutless not to want to make sneiors choose between paying for health insurance (if anyone will sell it to them) and eating or a place to live.

Gutless is the Dems plan to do nothing but try and score political points. I guesss the real Medicare fix will come when the money runs out. I give it about 8 years based on medical inflation and the demographic timebomb called the baby boomers.

Or the Democratic plan to start getting rich people to their fair share of taxes, cutting white-collar welfare to Exxon, the defense department, etc.

So the best answer is to feed the beast rather than reform two unsustainable programs.

What is the "rich's" fair share? And what do you consider "rich"? Warren Buffett? A-Rod? The guy running the hardware store down the street? Maybe the couple running the ice cream and sandwich shop next to my office? Because guess what...under the Left's definition...they're all rich!!!

Look at the long range projection for both SS and Medicare...over $100 trillion in unfunded liabilities....$100 Trillion!!! When is enough, enough?

It's pretty weird to see Republicans call Dems "gutless" about medicare and social security as if those are the only two reasons we have a deficit. Ask them to raise taxes and we'll see gutless.

I'm calling the GOP gutless...in particular the RINO's in the Senate

Look at the bottom line on the Debt Clock
http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Over $1 million in unfunded SS and Medicare liability per taxpayer...

Back