• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chrysler pays back $6B in government bailouts

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Hmm....saved how many jobs? Kept Chrysler an independent company. But all the GOpers here said it was wrong to save an American industry and American jobs.

Wrong again!!!

Is Chrysler still an independent company? I thought Fiat bought a huge stake in them.

Also, all Chrysler did was shift their debt from the US Govt to a different source. They are still massively in debt, which is why many of us thought it was pointless to continue to throw money at them. All we (the taxpayer) did was keep them on life support until other creditors became available.

I don't really agree with the decision to bail them out, but I do agree that it worked in the sense it kept them alive for a couple more years until the credit markets unfroze.

Hmm.... Didn't save any jobs? Spelled the end of Chrysler as an independent company by using taxpayer money to finance the sale of Chrysler to a foreign company. But all the GOPers here correctly pointed out that it would be futile to waste all this money when it wouldn't savean American industry and American jobs.

Looks like I was Wrong again!!!

FIFY

Bye Bye FIFY, you have one puprose...I'm not playing with your attempts at baiting...bye

Creating an alias for the sole purpose of hounding a single poster is lame.

they have been getting bailed out for years with all the govt contracts (ww2, Iacocca etc)

It may not be American owned anymore, but if the factory workers are American then the bailout saved American jobs.

Back