• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Casey Anthony Trial

bernbp5

Reaction score
I was in an office today waiting, and they had on the Casey Anthony trial. Can someone give me the facts of the trial, and general consensus on if she is guilty? Also, wtf was the deal with her disappearing in June and not getting reported missing til July. Where is the father, and was she living with her parents? The job aspect, i.e her lying about having a job, also interests me.

If the kid was killed in 2008, why did it take so long to go to trial?

Her father George also coaches the Atlanta Falcons.

The defense is trying to say Casey was abused by her father from the time she was eight.

The defense is trying to say Casey was abused by her father from the time she was eight.

AND that he's in cahoots, covering up the baby drowning w/ Casey.

My mother has been front row center on this trial story from day one, its kind of funny.

Agreed - she needs to play the crazy card.

Had to find jurors from Clearwater to sit on the Jury - I think they are being sequestered the entire length of the trial in Orlando...

She ought to just say that she's pro-choice and performed a late...late...late term abortion

Its all a set-up by the Republican establishment. Conservatives just don't understand young adults and our lifestyles.

Read a summary of the defense's opening statement. Fucking terrible strategy.

Yeah. I was reading his firm website. Dude is a joke and has been investigated numerous times by the Florida bar.

Accidental death v. murder. The defense is haphazard, to say the least.

Could the attorney be intentionally tanking the case to give her grounds to appeal on incompetent counsel?

A follow up question- Could he get permanently disbarred for doing that?

Anyone been watching this?

The defense attorney is quite possibly the biggest cunt douchebag I've ever seen.

Prosecution objects, sustained, he goes further, fervent objection, sustained, and he still pushes shit and yells it out so the jury hears it before they are sent out

A follow up question- Could he get permanently disbarred for doing that?

Short answer: absolutely.

Long answer: one of the considerations in an ineffective assistance of counsel appeal is "strategy", which means if it can be proven that his "strategy" was to tank, then it won't be reversed.

Back