• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

HUGE NEWS!

Shitfly Green

Reaction score
Huge news! Last night, Democrat Kathy Hochul won the special election for a deep-red House seat in New York. Democrats won despite a huge Karl Rove cash infusion because of a tough campaign, backed by enough grassroots support to offset their special interest money. This is a clear sign that momentum is on the Democratic side! Republican-aligned groups poured more than $1.2 million into this New York race in the final weeks. They'll be investing a lot more in Senate races – and we've got 23 seats to defend. We know how important it is to have enough resources. Just ask Barbara Boxer or Harry Reid. Without the crucial investments of their supporters, they might have lost their races, and the Senate might be in Republican hands. That would be a disaster for President Obama's agenda. We kept the Senate in 2010. But retaking the Senate is high on the Republican agenda for 2012. That's why we're fighting back already – recruiting strong candidates, building needed campaign infrastructure, and getting the message out about the extreme GOP agenda. None of this is easy. None of this is cheap. But it's necessary if we're going to win. And it requires full buy-in from the Democratic grassroots. Democrats won in New York. And we can win in states like Nevada, Indiana, Massachusetts, and Arizona, too. I'm so proud of Kathy Hochul and all of the Democrats who worked so hard to get her elected. If we can turn New York's most red district blue, we can certainly keep our Senate majority. Let's keep the momentum going.

HAAS and a cut n paste job. For shame!

Unusual result for that district, obviously, but typical as far as how the race was run. Hochul proposed no alternative to the pub Medicare plan, at least none that I could find. She just convinced enough voters to be afraid of the impact of the Ryan plan on their lives. - "We'll balance the budget, but not on the backs of our seniors." She tossed in the usual bullshit sound bytes "create jobs", "grow our economy", "reduce the deficit", blah blah blah.

This race is yet another example of why we won't fix our debt problem until it's too late. It's too easy to run against a candidate who proposes to cut something that will cause some pain.

Is Shitfly a parody or just a really enthusiastic liberal?

Momentum or not, I expect the Republicans to control the Sentate after the next election. And why are we having duplicate threads on the same topics?

It would be hard for them not to. The numbers are very much in their favor. I think it's more likely for the Dems to take back the House than hold on to the Senate.

I certainly wouldn't predict the Senate for the Pubs unless they cut and run from their Medicare mistake.

Is Shitfly a parody or just a really enthusiastic liberal?

Whats a parody?

And for the record I'm a moderate, but some could say I'm a liberal if they were opposed to fairness and good government.

The numbers are in their favor.

It depends on which numbers you are referring to: if you're talking about the number of voters who want the government to pay for everything, then yes, the numbers are in their favor. Some of the people, all of the time.

If you're referring to the numbers that support/detract from the overall sustainability of that plan, then those numbers are sharply in the other direction.

The Dem war on math continues, in support of their own short term political self-interest and in direct contradiction to the long term interests of our country. Very, very sad (and shameful).

Why would I pay more alone when I can form a political consensus to legally make all citizens pay the necessary amount instead?

Momentum or not, I expect the Republicans to control the Sentate after the next election. And why are we having duplicate threads on the same topics?

It would be hard for them not to. The numbers are very much in their favor. I think it's more likely for the Dems to take back the House than hold on to the Senate.

I certainly wouldn't predict the Senate for the Pubs unless they cut and run from their Medicare mistake.

The numbers are in their favor.

It depends on which numbers you are referring to: if you're talking about the number of voters who want the government to pay for everything, then yes, the numbers are in their favor. Some of the people, all of the time.

If you're referring to the numbers that support/detract from the overall sustainability of that plan, then those numbers are sharply in the other direction.

The Dem war on math continues, in support of their own short term political self-interest and in direct contradiction to the long term interests of our country. Very, very sad (and shameful).

The Pub war on reading and writing continues:

PhDeac: I think the Republicans will win the Senate.

jhmd2000: ARGH! Dems suck! ARGH! Math! ARGH!

Back