• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tucson shooter sent to mental hospital

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
It looks like he won't be tried for killing those people yet, The federal judge had him sent to a mental facility after an outburst in the courtroom.

Last edited:
He ought to be sent to old sparky.

I live an hour away from Tucson and he is on the news at least twice a week if not more. He won't be forgotten about and the people will demand a trial. Plus he killed a federal judge and shot a US congresswoman. There's no way he is avoiding trial.

He almost killed one of the great political leaders of our time. That being said, people just don't understand mental illness and the need for treatment to avoid these types of incidents in the future. All Congress cares about is the bottom line.

I live an hour away from Tucson and he is on the news at least twice a week if not more. He won't be forgotten about and the people will demand a trial. Plus he killed a federal judge and shot a US congresswoman. There's no way he is avoiding trial.

It does not matter what the people remember or don't remember or who he killed. If he is not ever declared mentally stable he will not stand trial and there is a list of people who have killed or tried to kill a lot of powerful people declared mentally unstable.

I think they will get him medicated enough to treat his mental illness then declare him competent for trial in a year or two. Arizona loves it some trials!

Exactly! There's another competency hearing in four months.

I think they will get him medicated enough to treat his mental illness then declare him competent for trial in a year or two. Arizona loves it some trials!

This is what I was talking about. Also, eventually the state will get tired if the feds don't do something in a year or so and state judges are elected in AZ, hence the pressure from the people. The other 5 people who were killed could potentially be classified as a state crimes.

I hear Joe Arpiao has already constructed the gallows for this guy and is making him wear a pink bustier while at the hospital.

He almost killed one of the great political leaders of our time. That being said, people just don't understand mental illness and the need for treatment to avoid these types of incidents in the future. All Congress cares about is the bottom line.

?????

Who and why?

Huh?

Back