• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Intolerance in San Fransisco??????

It's ridiculous. Anyone else surprised about these #s:

"The government agency found that the incidence of circumcision dropped from 56 percent in 2006 to 32.5 percent in 2009."

The Jewish community is going to be, and justifiably so, pissed. Of all the asinine causes to take up, this one is pretty high on the list.

This will cause back alley circumcisions, which will be much more dangerous. Another example of liberals trying to legislate someone else's body. ;)

wonder how this dude feels about abortion?

This will cause back alley circumcisions, which will be much more dangerous. Another example of liberals trying to legislate someone else's body. ;)

Stupid strawman. Nobody falls for that shit. San Francisco is a very enlightened city and we should all try to learn more from their culture.

What about clitoral circumcision? The bill doesn't even appear to address that.

It's an important issue to a lot of people. Mutilation in the name of religion or health is kind of hard to justify when you strip away the nice euphemisms and flowery language. It's always amazing the things cultures tolerate in the name of ____.

There is a big difference between female genital mutilation and male circumcision. I think a couple of bored lawyers cooked this up over a glass of merlot at Chez Panisse for shits and giggles.

There is a big difference between female genital mutilation and male circumcision. I think a couple of bored lawyers cooked this up over a glass of merlot at Chez Panisse for shits and giggles.

What are the differences, as you see it? I agree wholly there are differences but from the rationale behind each act is ultimately the same.

It's an important issue to a lot of people. Mutilation in the name of religion or health is kind of hard to justify when you strip away the nice euphemisms and flowery language. It's always amazing the things cultures tolerate in the name of ____.

That's great -- they can choose not to circumcise their children. Abortion is an important issue to a lot of people, and they can choose not to abort.

And since when is mutilation in the name of health hard to justify? If I get a tumor, I'll mutilate myself to get rid of it. We mutilate ourselves in the name of health all the time. What better reason to mutilate oneself?

Last edited:
What are the differences, as you see it? I agree wholly there are differences but from the rationale behind each act is ultimately the same.

Wrong. Female circumcision is practiced by people who truly believe that females can't find enjoyment in sex so making the vagina as sex-able (not a real word but you get the point) for the menfolk is the whole goal. Male circumcision doesnt come with any of that misogynistic oppression.

List the reasons for circumcision.

there is some research that backs up claims that male circumcision cuts down on long-term likelihood of infection. overall it is mostly a cultural thing but its not a cultural thing that goes hand in hand with oppression, chronic pain, and risk of infection or cancer.

If you support this, you are plainly anti-semitic and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Back