• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cantor wants cuts or NO aide to Joplin victims

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
This is grotesque and un-American:

"If there is support for a supplemental spending measure, it would be accompanied by support for having pay-fors to that supplemental," Cantor said.
The House Appropriations Committee on Tuesday began the process of making that happen by approving a disaster aid package for fiscal year 2012 that would be financed by a $1.5 billion cut from a loan program to encourage the production of fuel-efficient vehicles."

This is grotesque and un-American:

"If there is support for a supplemental spending measure, it would be accompanied by support for having pay-fors to that supplemental," Cantor said.
The House Appropriations Committee on Tuesday began the process of making that happen by approving a disaster aid package for fiscal year 2012 that would be financed by a $1.5 billion cut from a loan program to encourage the production of fuel-efficient vehicles."

Dude has been in Washington too long. He needs to get out of Washington and out of the closet.

What does a disaster relief package for 2012 have to do with Joplin?

I really do enjoy your thread titles rj... you nutty moderate you.

I'm not a mod......nor will I ever be....the title is accurate. Cantor is doing something no one has ever done before.

He called you moderate, not a moderator. You can't even read the English language correctly. Guess you never had a hope in typing it correctly.

my bad, wasn't paying attention....speaking iwth a drunk on the beach slothop

Dveil what are you talking about? Cantor isd denying aid to the victims in joplin unless they cut programs.

This has never been done before. He and all those who support such a deal should be made to vote against a simple bill giving aid to the people who lost so much.

RJ you are a fucking idiot, I want to respect you but I just can't. If you ever read anything besides the chain emails you receive you'd realize that the immediate emergency funding is not being replaced. It's covers the long term FEMA relief that needs to be given, which the House majority wants to be subtracted from another program to balance the deficit.

Trying reading you doucher.

If that's the way you feel...good bye....by the way I'm on NO email lists

How does a bill for FY 2012 affect a disaster that happened in 2011? Wouldn't that be covered by FY 2011 appropriations?

He won't a bill that funds the follow up aid without cutting something. I've never heard any Member of Congress of either party doing such a thing.

He won't a bill that funds the follow up aid without cutting something. I've never heard any Member of Congress of either party doing such a thing.

Acting in a fiscally responsible manner by funding aid to disaster victims through a reduction in planned spending elsewhere? You're right, RJ. I don't think I've ever heard of any member of congress of either party doing such a thing either.

Acting in a fiscally responsible manner by funding aid to disaster victims through a reduction in planned spending elsewhere? You're right, RJ. I don't think I've ever heard of any member of congress of either party doing such a thing either.

This about a natural disaster. Until Cantor did this, they were above politics.

Seems like budgeting for disasters is the most prudent and efficient thing to do instead of tying up funds when disasters happen.

Seems like budgeting for disasters is the most prudent and efficient thing to do instead of tying up funds when disasters happen.

I don't disagree. The problem is that the words prudent and efficient do not in any way describe congress and their use of taxpayer's money.

Back