• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

TX Gov Perry thinknig about running for POTUS

Perfect candidate for the average (dumbass) Republican to rally behind.

If he loses he could take his ball and go home...have Texas secede.

my bad was talking with a drunk on the beach slothop as I responded to this....my fualt.

Oh God, I hope this country never elects another Texas Republican President.

With the current Republican field, he could make a splash. He's tolerable among the tea party and appears to be a generic white republican on the surface.

Pretty sure most of the country is Texas-ed out for a while. If I were Perry, I would do my best Christ Christie impression, see how my aggressive agenda plays out in Texas and gear up for a possible 2016 run. I also don't think enough of America knows his name yet. He can't make his run for POTUS be the first big introduction to the average American

It's crazy to think how many hats will be in the ring on both sides 4 years from now.

Pretty sure most of the country is Texas-ed out for a while. If I were Perry, I would do my best Christ Christie impression, see how my aggressive agenda plays out in Texas and gear up for a possible 2016 run. I also don't think enough of America knows his name yet. He can't make his run for POTUS be the first big introduction to the average American

I think his secession threat is pretty well known, and the Democrats and some of his Republican pals will make sure that everybody knows about it. And so they should.

I like Rick Perry but he has no shot. If we're gonna run a dude like this, might as well run Jeb Bush.

I like Rick Perry but he has no shot. If we're gonna run a dude like this, might as well run Jeb Bush.

The guy is such a narcissitic ass he probably thinks he has a shot.

The guy is such a narcissitic ass he probably thinks he has a shot.

Has he completed his task of completely turning the A&M system into a second rate good ol' boys network yet?

What every kid in Texas learns in junior high: Texas has one of the weaker Governor's offices in the country. The Lt. Governor is the true power broker there.

Just bumping this for the week. Nothing new yet but I wonder if we see some action this week. Anyway, better than another new thread.

Seems like this guy is definitely going to throw his hat in the ring now. I would love to see him on stage with Newt in a Debate at the same time. If Newt's team goes to work for Perry that could be interesting.

Has he completed his task of completely turning the A&M system into a second rate good ol' boys network yet?

What every kid in Texas learns in junior high: Texas has one of the weaker Governor's offices in the country. The Lt. Governor is the true power broker there.

Perry was Lt. Gov for a few years under Bush too.

Good article about Perry in the WSJ today. I had no idea that he started out as a Democrat and supported Al Gore in 1988.

Also surprised that Perry and TX lawmakers are pushing through $4 billion in education cuts despite TX having one of the lowest HS graduation rates.

And of course, "Mr. Perry would face questions about whether the country is ready for another Texas Republican after eight years of George W. Bush."

Apparently there is no love lost between the Bushes and Perry.

Back