• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I'm Officially An Indepedent

BillBrasky

#PSF
Reaction score
So I had to go get my driver's license renewed and the asked me if I wanted to update my voter registration. I decided to do so since my address had changed back to Winston and then I was asked if I wanted to remain in the Reupblican Party or to change my affiliation. After about 15 seconds of thought I decided to switch to Unaffiliated, as my interests have fallen out of line with a large part of the Party's values. Particularly the ones pertaining to social values.

So there it is Quad. I can finally claim independence and since I live in NC I can vote in either primary. And yes there is absolutely no point in creating this thread, but the Politics Boards sucks anyways so I figured I might as well brag about my decision.

I'd prefer to be unaffiliated, but I like to be able to vote in primaries.

Yes, I'm aware of that, Skins. Unfortunately, that doesn't matter if the state I live in doesn't allow it.

So I had to go get my driver's license renewed and the asked me if I wanted to update my voter registration. I decided to do so since my address had changed back to Winston and then I was asked if I wanted to remain in the Reupblican Party or to change my affiliation. After about 15 seconds of thought I decided to switch to Unaffiliated, as my interests have fallen out of line with a large part of the Party's values. Particularly the ones pertaining to social values.

So there it is Quad. I can finally claim independence and since I live in NC I can vote in either primary. And yes there is absolutely no point in creating this thread, but the Politics Boards sucks anyways so I figured I might as well brag about my decision.

:tard:

You live in the most f'ed up state in the Union...I would move.

You live in the most f'ed up state in the Union...I would move.

True. Rick Scott and the Pubs in Tally are pushing it over the edge. On the other hand, I research Florida secondary and higher education, so it's kind of like this:

True. Rick Scott and the Pubs in Tally are pushing it over the edge. On the other hand, I research Florida secondary and higher education, so it's kind of like this:

It has nothing to do with your political leaders...I am thinking more about all the pets that kill kids.

The weather's nice, the food's good, and there's tons to do year round. Scott's merely something to survive.

ETA: And the reptiles.

Last edited:
Blindly partisan? That's a pretty uninformed post considering how often I disagree with Democrats. Of course, you're so far right that everything looks left to you. If the Republicans had any plank in the platform besides tax cuts, they'd get a listen from me and a lot of other people. Like I've said, I'm a Democrat by law and default.

Blindly partisan? That's a pretty uninformed post considering how often I disagree with Democrats. Of course, you're so far right that everything looks left to you. If the Republicans had any plank in the platform besides tax cuts, they'd get a listen from me and a lot of other people. Like I've said, I'm a Democrat by law and default.

Yes, well I didn't know who Natalie Portman is, so obviously I'm far right.

The governor in Florida must be something. I am told by a number of folks who are career party Pubs that they are changing their registration there.

It amazed me FL voters were so stupid as to elect the CEO in charge of the biggest fraud in US healthcare history to be their governor.

The guy was also iunstrumental in funding and performing in tens of millions of dollars in anti-HC ads which told intentional lies.

How they voted such a scumbag is mindboggling.

never underestimate the stupidity of the american people. having said that i have no idea who he was running against. that was just a general statement.

never underestimate the stupidity of the american people. having said that i have no idea who he was running against. that was just a general statement.

Running against a Wake alum actually.

What's pathetic is that FL Pubs were the incumbents and won based on national anti-incumbent sentiment.

I've been an independent my entire life although I consider myself a "conservative". I'm conservative in the fiscal sense only.

Back