• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Brad Stevens looks like a nerd

FreeknDeacon

Reaction score
NERD!!!!

mediaManager

i'd love to have brad stevens. really the only bad thing to say about the guy is that he looks like a nerd.

We did have a flying squirrel as a coach previously, so there is precedence for funny looking coaches at WFU.

Wellman could have saved himself and Bz a lot of grief if he would have just came out and said he went hard after Stevens. Would have hurt to get turned down, but at least we would have known that we went after the best coach that would realistically come to Wake.

Dude is a major league nerd but he could hang with the big boys in the ACC. He makes Bzdelick look like Barney.

Wellman could have saved himself and Bz a lot of grief if he would have just came out and said he went hard after Stevens. Would have hurt to get turned down, but at least we would have known that we went after the best coach that would realistically come to Wake.

Agreed, instead we look like chumps. Thanks Ronny

In case anyone still doesn't know: we seriously pursued Brad Stevens after the Miami loss in the ACC tournament and after Butler made the Sweet 16 we were turned down by him.

I realize no one has been told this before, but I wanted to make this information public to Wake fans.

In case anyone still doesn't know: we seriously pursued Brad Stevens after the Miami loss in the ACC tournament and after Butler made the Sweet 16 we were turned down by him.

I realize no one has been told this before, but I wanted to make this information public to Wake fans.

Nice to have the specific timing information.

Did we pursue Mooney at all?

Furthermore, if Wellman himself was actively pursuing coaches why did he wait so long to terminate Dino? Just seems so classless.

Wellman started going after Stevens before the NCAA tournament even started?

Nice to have the specific timing information.

Did we pursue Mooney at all?

Furthermore, if Wellman himself was actively pursuing coaches why did he wait so long to terminate Dino? Just seems so classless.

I have heard a lot about the [Redacted] hiring and at no point have I heard anything about Chris Mooney. This does not mean he was not pursued, but if he was it was close to the vest.

The names I have heard (in this order) are Stevens, Smith, Brownell. Stevens turned the job down. We did not have enough money to hire Tubby. Brownell and Wellman were unable to reach a contract agreement with the assistant issue, and Wellman panicked and called Jeff.

I cannot confirm this is 100% true, but I'm very close to the situation.

I have heard a lot about the [Redacted] hiring and at no point have I heard anything about Chris Mooney. This does not mean he was not pursued, but if he was it was close to the vest.

The names I have heard (in this order) are Stevens, Smith, Brownell. Stevens turned the job down. We did not have enough money to hire Tubby. Brownell and Wellman were unable to reach a contract agreement with the assistant issue, and Wellman panicked and called Jeff.

I cannot confirm this is 100% true, but I'm very close to the situation.

We have also heard Alford mentioned, do you know anything about that?

I am glad to hear Tubby was pursued, though I have to think it must have been more on his end than ours since it was plainly obvious he was going to be expensive ($2m+).

I kind of assumed that [Redacted] was forced into keeping LaRue and Battle, but to hear an attempt was made to force a much more qualified candidate into such an arrangement is shocking.

Now for all I know you're bullshitting and just making stuff up, but if what you say is true then Ron mishandled it more than I feared.

I also happen to think Mooney should have been candidate #2.

Choose to believe what you want, but that is what I've heard.

I have heard nothing about Alford. That does not mean he was not pursued, but I heard nothing from my sources.

Back