• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

World leaders say war on drugs ineffective; White House disagrees

politics is the art of the possible

saying that isn't at this point in American politics.

So, Obama agrees with Nancy Reagan... because after his open border policy all he's got is just say no.

He has no open border policy.

Tell that to Arizona... and to Wasserman Schultz who thinks illegal imigration is not a crime.

You're pushing it, rj. The envelope is straining...

Tell that to Arizona... and to Wasserman Schultz who thinks illegal imigration is not a crime.

You're pushing it, rj. The envelope is straining...

You eman like how Obama has sent MORE Border Agents and many more DEA Agents ot AZ?

Or how about how he has sent more people people back than W?

Once again RW talking points are abject lies, but it doesnm't matter. Facts don't get in your way. You've been told what to think.

The war on drugs is a joke and any reasonably intelligent perosn knows it. How much taxpayer money is wasted putting petty drug users in prison, where all they learn is how to become a much better more dangerous felon?

This nation's drug policy's are slowly turning Mexico into a failed state, Ruled by drug gangs. That's a national security crisis in the making.

Legalize
Tax
Fund rehab.

I think we all know that tax money generated from the sell of drugs wouldn't go to rehab programs. It would just go to the same things getting funded now.

I think we all know that tax money generated from the sell of drugs wouldn't go to rehab programs. It would just go to the same things getting funded now.

So then you have more money to devote to same things getting funded now, as well as an automatic savings with the elimination of certain programs devoted to the war on drugs.

I agree - some money should go to rehab programs (I think some money already does, so that makes your point inherently contradictory), but even if more money doesn't go to rehab programs, drugs should still be legalized and taxed.

I'm all for the legalization of marijuana, but you'd have a hard time convincing me it would be a good idea to legalize meth or heroine. That said, the amount of money spent on the drug war is ridiculous.

Back