• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The game saving block

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
Easily the most underrated way to end a game. Take your gamewinning shot and I'll raise it a player making a big time block to keep the lead. Been loving these so far.

True that. Big time baller to just stuff somebody when they could tie it up or take the lead late. #ONIONS

Honest question about this play. Did the refs review it to see how much time should have remained on the clock?

Don't remember, but was that even allowed in 2003? If I remember correctly it hasn't been that many years ago since they started allowing officials to go to the video to review this...

Can't remember when they empowered the refs to look at video for clock situations. In this 2003 game, a few extra ticks definitely went off.

Big E's block of Herber should have gone down in WF history.

Damnit.

yes it should have. i thought for sure that was a wide open layup.

i loved big e. paired with someone who could get him the ball, he was damn near unstoppable for a stretch.

yes it should have. i thought for sure that was a wide open layup.

i loved big e. paired with someone who could get him the ball, he was damn near unstoppable for a stretch.

By senior year, he was so much stronger than everyone else, he couldn't help but foul people.

FSU and VCU both had one in OT. I'm pretty sure that last shot would have counted if it wasn't blocked.

Bellarmine had one against BYU - Hawai'i to seal the deal in the D II Championship today.

Back