• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good Lord - Hilda Solis on CNBC

deac85

Reaction score
People hate politicians because they lie instead of telling us the truth. Instead of telling us the truth - we are in the crapper and the May jobs number was terrible - this hag is talking about the necessity of green jobs and more investments in education. She hasn't even recognized to the viewers that this is terrible news.

People hate politicians because they lie instead of telling us the truth. Instead of telling us the truth - we are in the crapper and the May jobs number was terrible - this hag is talking about the necessity of green jobs and more investments in education. She hasn't even recognized to the viewers that this is terrible news.

You are so right. We should not be on the cutting edge of industry and creativity in the marketplace. The world is going green and we should just say "fuck it" and let all the other countries and buy from them rather than creating the products and services and selling it to them like we always have.

As to education, yep let's take all the money and let our educational systems challenge Chad. That should work well in the 21st century.

ain't it amazing that Finland has the best enducation in the world and that teachers are the most respected profession there. But to 85 and his buddies, screw teachers and let's dumb down America.

No, she just needs to tell us the truth - the number was just terrible by any measure - instead of just changing the subject.

I guess it's hard to blame George Bush at this point, so she's had to come up with a different approach; change the subject. Please acknowledge the problem before using excuses and changing the subject.

I guess it's hard to blame George Bush at this point, so she's had to come up with a different approach; change the subject. Please acknowledge the problem before using excuses and changing the subject.

Nahhh...any sane approach (which is rare, oh so rare!) would concede that Barack inherited the worst economic situation of any president in memory. Not debatable. That George W. shares responsibility is undeniable and the thought of a quick fix to this collapse is ridiculous. Bill Clinton's assertion that the "repeal of Glass-Steagall did not contribute to the economic collapse" is obnoxious at best. Banks working at cross purposes, selling the asset they are also charged with financing creates a real quandry. Banks here in the U.S. also contributed to gutting the SEC which once (during the Milliken-Boesky days) sported over thousand agents and now has under 275. This reduction at a time when Wall Street corruption is at an all time high. --- Excuse me while I say that 99% of what I hear from Michael Lewis I regard as damn close to the truth of things...

There's plenty of blame to go around, I agree. But she at least needs to acknowledge that the jobs report was terrible and disappointing before dancing on to education and green jobs and stuff that don't have anything to do with the bad jobs report.

Back