• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Barack Obama is...

Lectro

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
doing a pretty good job as President.

He started rather slow and substance was lacking to a degree (perhaps Bill was partly correct in his "fairytale" assessment) but he is coming into his own.

I like what he did with the automakers. It was a tough call but he made a bold decision and it has been a success by any Washington standards.

I like how he is handling Pakistan and his hard line on using Drones is making the Pakistani's capitulate and show even more willingness to partner in anti- terrorist measures. A Reaganesque use of a "chip".

The decision to get Osama was a game changer for him and showed the guts that all parties were questioning.

I appreciate the fact that the far left is disappointed in him. The nuts from the the daily kos have had to hold their noses and talk in terms of "lesser of two evils."

I am disappointed in Barack's lack of teeth when dealing with Wall Street. Obama was by far the leading money recipient from Goldman Sachs and,unfortunately, it shows. I don't have very much faith in Tim Geithner and do not find him an honest operator. Too bad folks like Brooksley Born and Sheila Bair can't find themselves in real seats of power.

Speaking of drone strikes:

(CNN) -- The man described by counterterrorism officials as al Qaeda's "military brain," Ilyas Kashmiri, was killed in a drone strike Friday night in Pakistan, a spokesman for his group, the jihadist Harakat-ul-Jihad-Islami, said.

Can't believe it but I am agreeing with Lectro almost 100% on his post. Obama has been far from perfect, but I think he has done a decent job as president.

Can't believe it but I am agreeing with Lectro almost 100% on his post. Obama has been far from perfect, but I think he has done a decent job as president.

Except for the entire economy thing that is.

He's horrible.

Not really he has made some pretty solid decisions. GM bailout was a resounding success, made the deal with the Republicans to extend the tax cuts, hasn't really done anything drastic outside of the 2nd bailout (which there is about 50/50 support from in my opinions I have seen).

I would agree with that, except Obama was a huge player in both the GM bailout and the deal with the Pubs. Without him heavily pushing for both, I doubt either happen in the fashion that they did.

I agree with Arlington. The ship is going down regardless. The passengers can make sure the women and children get in the lifeboats first or shove them aside to make sure they get in first.

I agree with Arlington. The ship is going down regardless. The passengers can make sure the women and children get in the lifeboats first or shove them aside to make sure they get in first.

There are 2 things that we need to come to grips with:

1) The computer has increased the level of unemployment.

2) We need to sort out alternative energy immediately.

Other than that, we're just moving the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Yep. Sadly we're not going to come to grips with it because it's too much "fun" to slap each other about the unemployment and oil.

To quote GWB to President Obama on the killing of Bin Laden, "Good call."

Other than that, he like any other D president saddled us with lousy SCOTUS nominees.

Without Obama's efforts with the auto industry, we could very wel be in a depression.

Far left pissed? Check. Far right pissed? Check. No depression? Check. One party no longer controlling everything? Check.

I think we're in good shape. Let the Pubs trot out Palin or some other ridiculous candidate this year to expose the far right, and let's get a legit left leaning conservative to go up against Hillary next time around, since she'll be a right-leaning liberal.

The closer we move the middle the better. The last decade of driving everyone as closely as possible to their polar opposites has seriously damaged this country.

Pos Rep to DCDeac. I couldn't agree more. Split presidency and congress is ideal. Obama is trending further and further towards the center. Moderate, persuasive presidents with split congresses is an idea situation for our government to thrive. It is a slow path to progress, but we don't spend a bunch of time having to come back to the path after veering far right or far left (which inevitably costs way more time and money than simply walking slowly down a wise path). Both parties are in such a big hurry to run to the right or left, that we end up getting way off course and a correction is required.

Wrangor that would normally not be a bd isea, but in this era there is no negotiation between the parties in Congress.

Far left pissed? Check. Far right pissed? Check. No depression? Check. One party no longer controlling everything? Check.

I think we're in good shape. Let the Pubs trot out Palin or some other ridiculous candidate this year to expose the far right, and let's get a legit left leaning conservative to go up against Hillary next time around, since she'll be a right-leaning liberal.

The closer we move the middle the better. The last decade of driving everyone as closely as possible to their polar opposites has seriously damaged this country.

Perfect.

The #1 thing we need to do is have a Constitutional amendment federally funding congressional and presidential campaigns.

If we take the money out of politics, peopel on both sides can vote their conscience, negotiate with the other side and not waste 30-40% of their time fundraising.

The #1 thing we need to do is have a Constitutional amendment federally funding congressional and presidential campaigns.

If we take the money out of politics, peopel on both sides can vote their conscience, negotiate with the other side and not waste 30-40% of their time fundraising.

Most Americans, in my opinion, believe something should be done to reform campaign finance. For some reason it never even makes it to referendum. My gut tells me that there is very little will power or honest courage on this issue...at least among a large percentage of members in both houses. Unless you are a "made" Senator or Congress-person it is likely political suicide.

Back