• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Let there be airplanes

deac85

Reaction score
In a worldwide economy, it is obviously important to make things as efficiently as possible. If we aren't efficient making airplanes, Airbus or China or someone else will be. The world has changed, and the old rules don't work anymore. Unions, the NLRB and all of the other dinosaurs out there had better wake-up to the new reality soon.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43243531/ns/business-us_business/

Maybe we'd have a better chance if our government subsidized the building of planes like they do in China.

Let's get rid of NLRB and while we're at let's get rid of OSHA and the mine safety people.

In 85's world every company being Massey and kiling it's employees to make a few more bucks would be OK.

Fuck all workers. Let's put asbestos in every building again. After all, the market will fix it.

sounds like a stupid argument over semantics to me

“If they said, ‘We’re going to move this work to South Carolina because we can’t afford to keep paying the wage in Washington, even, that would have been OK. But they can’t say it’s because of a strike, because a strike is a legally protected activity,” said Nancy Kleeland, a spokeswoman for the NLRB. “It’s really about the motive for the move, not the move itself.”

and RJ, we do plenty of subsidizing with defense contracts.

Who said anything about the planes being made in a more dangerous environment? If anything, the plant in SC is newer and probably has the potential to make planes both safer and more efficiently.

I'm a little fuzzy on this, but I recall where some committee awarded the refueling plane contract to Airbus a year or so ago, but then a bunch of political crap happened and Boeing ultimately ended up getting the business. In effect, this was a government subsidy, as the taxpayer would have been better off had Airbus made the planes. So we subsidize too.

Back