• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pass on 3rd and long by a true freshman and with a lead late?

WakeUp

Reaction score
I know hindsight is always 20-20, but 2 passes on third and long by a true freshman QB with 7 point lead late in the game?
Somebody needs a dose of reality and a little caution with the playcalling.

I'm confused. One of the third and long completions works and it gets us to the 30 for the game winning field goal. Surely you don't think Weaver would have made the 60 harder if we just run up the middle.

My mistake I misread the question. Yes I agree it would have been nice if we could have moved the ball with high percentage completions when we had the 7 point lead. Unfortunately we can't run the ball with that offensive line and every pass is high risk because quarterback can get hit regardless of how quickly he gets rid of the ball.

We either complain about being too conservative, or we complain about being too aggressive. There is no pleasing some people...

..just win baby!

There was like 10 minutes left in the game. You can't go into a shell with a 7 point lead that early.

We got back into the game when Hinton was asked to air it out. Trial by fire. I liked it.

Yeah but if we turned it over there would have went our BCS playoff chances

We won the game. This is a good thing.

If we had lost, I would rather we lost while being aggressive rather than losing while being too conservative.

Back