• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who should start next week?

Who should be Wake's Starting QB vs Indiana

• Wolford

Votes: 114 63.7%
  • Hinton

Votes: 56 31.3%
  • Kearns

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Doofus/Numbers

Votes: 7 3.9%

• Total voters
I think Wolford, but would be great time for Wildcat formations.

Hinton is a big time asset for us and will have his day as a Deac. At this point it's still wolfs job. Wolford can make all of the throws when he gets a little time

Wolford but only if he's 100%. Otherwise be cautious and give him an extra week to prep for ACC play. Don't want this being a lingering problem.

Wolford is excellent when (1) he is healthy and (2) he has time to go through his progressions. If John is not healthy next week, save him for later in the season and let Hinton run the team.

Wolford but only if he's 100%. Otherwise be cautious and give him an extra week to prep for ACC play. Don't want this being a lingering problem.

Agree. Also, it appears that our running game is going to need the QB involved, so a gimpy Wolford could really limit the offense.

Agreed. "Wolford only if 100%" should have been an option in the poll.

Wolford if heathy, but I wouldn't mind seeing some packages put in for Hinton.

Agree; therefore, I think Hinton starts. It is doubtful that Wolford will be sufficiently healed

Wolford should start but we should have some Hinton packages in every game from now on. He is a real weapon running.

Wolford should start but we should have some Hinton packages in every game from now on. He is a real weapon running.

I agree with this too.
"Make yourself difficult to prepare for" should be a line in the WF Football mission statement. Making teams prepare for two capable QB's who give you different looks can be a part of this IMO.

Yeah but do we really want to throw him back out there against FSU if he can't go next week?

Three thoughts. First, Hinton could win the starting job outright next week if Wolford isn't 100%. Second, as others have said, we should have packages for both QBs anyway. Third, as we saw last night, there's a good chance we'll need two QBs vs. FSU anyway.

Back