• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Army Post-Game Discussion / Indiana Game Week Thread

Deac94

Reaction score
A quick look at the stat sheet:

THE GOOD

Kendall Hinton with 17 rushes for 114 yards (excluding sacks), including FIVE rushes of 10+ yards.

The defense held Army to only 2 plays of 20+ yards. Both were passes. Wake did not allow a run longer than 12 yards (on 54 rushing attempts!).

I’ve been critical of the defensive line play so far this season. We didn’t get an opportunity to evaluate the pass rush today, but the DL did come up with 4.5 tackles for loss in the run game (led by Chris Stewart and Chris Calhoun who both had 1.5 TFL).

THE BAD

Wake loses the turnover battle 3-0. Turnover margin has become a big story so far this year.

Wake also had more penalties (6-4) and lost time of possession (32:30-27:30). The latter stat may be misleading since Army ran the ball so much.

Hinton ended up 15 for 27 (56%) on the day. That highlights the tradeoff that you get with Wolford versus Hinton. Wolford has completed 69% of his passes this season.

ALSO WORTH NOTING

Wake had 4 plays of 20 or more yards (Brent reception for 51, Lewis reception for 28, Hinton run for 20 and Robinson run for 22). That’s 2 fewer big plays than the Syracuse game though.

Isaiah Robinson’s 22 yard run was the longest by a RB so far this season.

K.J. Brent is now Wake’s leading receiver on the season in both receptions (15) and yards (214).

Hard to win the turnover battle when you have created zero turnovers in 3 games. The defense really has been pretty good considering this. But it needs to change if we have any chance to steal a game or two once the season gets harder.

What's the severity of Wolfords injury? Wasn't able to watch the game

What's the severity of Wolfords injury? Wasn't able to watch the game

Wake Rivals tweeted that x-rays were negative. My question is how many injuries is Wolford dealing with? Is it primarily the ankle or did he suffer another more serious injury? Head? Knee? Shoulder? All looked like possibilities.

I've watched a good bit of the Indiana game, their offense is legit. Good o-line, big bruising tailback and a good pocket passing QB. We're going to have to play very well and create some turnovers to have a chance I believe.

I've watched a good bit of the Indiana game, their offense is legit. Good o-line, big bruising tailback and a good pocket passing QB. We're going to have to play very well and create some turnovers to have a chance I believe.

The RB is the UAB transfer and he is a load.

The Indiana defense is terrible.

Indiana gave up almost 500 yards passing to WKU. Holy shit, that's a lot for anybody, let alone WKU.

Speaking of Indiana, does anyone have a couple tickets they want to sell?

Idk where I stand on this team. Secondary gave up long passing yards last weekend. But nothing this weekend (obviously with a triple option offense). Linebackers are
Clearly good. Front line has been said to be undersized but hasn't killed us. Wolford is our guy but has been throwing picks. Oh line is getting better ... Blah whatever. Done trying to figure it out. We are a year away and that's about all I know.

is there a video to the press conference?

I don't think the press conference is made available anywhere. His post-game radio comments can be replayed via the All-Access link on the official site (subscription required).

Idk where I stand on this team. Secondary gave up long passing yards last weekend. But nothing this weekend (obviously with a triple option offense). Linebackers are
Clearly good. Front line has been said to be undersized but hasn't killed us. Wolford is our guy but has been throwing picks. Oh line is getting better ... Blah whatever. Done trying to figure it out. We are a year away and that's about all I know.

Ha ha "Oh" line is right. Ooooohhhh fuuuuuuck

Indiana gave up almost 500 yards passing to WKU. Holy shit, that's a lot for anybody, let alone WKU.

Yeah but our o-line won't allow the time to pass that WKU's did. Yeah I'm saying it, our o- line is not as good as WKU's.

Back