• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Week 3 NFL Thread: No Brees, No Problem

DeacHawk

Punishingly Intricate
Reaction score
Week 3 starts tonight with Washington at the New York Giants. Giants 0-2 and blowing leads in the 4th quarter, Washington coming off a big win against the Rams. If Cousins doesn't turn the ball over they can compete but I like the Giants in this one, even without Preston Parker, who got his ass cut.

Coverage maps for Sunday: http://506sports.com/

Panthers D looking stout so far and the O-Line was really solid against the Texans last week. New Orleans is garbage. Panthers 3-0. Book it.

Eagles-Jets will be interesting for me as the Jets D is playing awesome and the Eagles O is just not in sync like you are used to. As a Jets and Wake Forest fan and eternally pessimistic, I expect Bradford to light us up but hopefully Revis and company can dominate again like they did in Indy the other night.

Chicago-Seattle in one of those weird NFC on CBS games. Seattle will win easy, especially if it's against donk Clausen and talk of the Seahawks demise will go away for a few weeks.

Sunday night game is Denver at Detroit

Monday night game is KC at Green Bay.

I don't know, not many of the Week 3 match-ups seem all that great, but I'll be off the grid all weekend so I won't see anything. No thread title updates until Monday night, if you even care.

Last edited:
As a Jets and Wake Forest fan and eternally pessimistic, I expect Bradford to light us up

I'm right there with you.

I feel like being a Wake Forest fan and a Jets fan are pretty similar situations from an emotional perspective.

The best thing about the Preston Parker cut (other than actually getting rid of him) is that Coughlin hasn't replaced him on the roster and left his locker empty as an example to everyone else. Hopefully McAdoo will be next if he can't get the goddamn plays in on time.

The good news is that Cruz and hopefully Beason will be back next week, so getting a divisional win tonight would put us in good shape in light of Dallas' situation and Chip Kelly's #advancedstats.

I fully expect the Giants to decimate Washington in prime-time, just like last year.

Ravens/Cincy is this week. The game is as much of a must win for the Ravens as you can have Week 3. Divisional opponent at home after going 0-2 on the road. I expect the crowd to be pretty lively for the first home game of the year. Ravens need to get something going on Defense after giving up so many points against OAK. I'm thinking/hoping for 30-27 Ravens.

Looking forward to my first tailgate of the year and some fall weather.

From a gambling perspective, I like this week a LOT less than the first 2 weeks. Not many games where the line jumps out at me as an opportunity. You have to be willing to throw out weeks 1 and 2 to get any value. I'm fine with throwing out week 1 (in fact, that was a highly successful strategy last week), but with 2 weeks of results it is tougher to take teams like Philly, Indy, Houston with any confidence.

From a gambling perspective, I like this week a LOT less than the first 2 weeks. Not many games where the line jumps out at me as an opportunity. You have to be willing to throw out weeks 1 and 2 to get any value. I'm fine with throwing out week 1 (in fact, that was a highly successful strategy last week), but with 2 weeks of results it is tougher to take teams like Philly, Indy, Houston with any confidence.

I like Atl -1, Buf +3, Cin +2.5, NYG -3, Car -3 and NE -13.5. Agree about Philly, Indy and Houston. Indy's D is decimated and their OL is a pile of shite, and Houston and Philly on paper should be better than they are, but they've both laid 2 eggs now.

Damo, I don't have a good feeling about this week. Cincy has gotten the better of us the last few years, and they're playing well. I think we start 0-4 after Pitt next week. On a more positive note, we could have Pagano back as our DC next year.

In FALCONS news, Kim Zolciak-Bierman had a min-stroke flying home from Dancing with the Stars

TAB - ARE YOU CONCERNED?! How is Atlanta's best defensive player handling the news? Will this galvanize the Falcons?!

Only game I've already wagered on is Miami -2.5 over Buffalo. Buffalo is good, but I think that is some nice value for Miami at home.

I actually like Dallas over Atlanta. No way should Atlanta be favored on the road... Don't care how banged up Dallas is.

I'll probably continue to ride Arizona until they give me reason not to. I think they are elite and people still haven't quite caught on.

Most everything else looks like a crapshoot this week.

Only game I've already wagered on is Miami -2.5 over Buffalo. Buffalo is good, but I think that is some nice value for Miami at home.

I actually like Dallas over Atlanta. No way should Atlanta be favored on the road... Don't care how banged up Dallas is.

I'll probably continue to ride Arizona until they give me reason not to. I think they are elite and people still haven't quite caught on.

Coming from a falcon fan, this is absolutely fact

Agree as to Zona, and I hear you about Atl. I just think Dallas is going to have serious scoring issues without Romo and Dez. And I just don't like Miami. Lost to a bad Jags team last week and got outplayed by Washington in week 1, whereas Buffalo is decent. I think Philbin is soon going to be dead man walking.

If ATL loses to DAL then it's all on Matty Ice. I don't see the Cowboys' offense being on the field very much.

I'd take the Panthers at -3.5 over the Saints all day, everyday

It's actually disrespectfully low, the Saints suck

I'd argue that Carolina sucks, too. But yeah, not as bad as New Orleans.

Re: Atlanta/Dallas... Sure, Atlanta will score points. But I don't care who plays for Dallas... They will put up points on Atlanta's work in progress defense. I look at the setup of Atlanta/Dallas much as I looked at Georgia Tech/Notre Dame last week... Both undefeated early in the season. People overreacting to Notre Dame injuries and mediocre play the week before. Obviously not a perfect comparison for a number of reasons, but writing off Dallas at home and depending on Atlanta to play well on the road seems like a recipe for losing money.

Miami could very well be bad. I think Buffalo is probably pretty good. I just think it sets up well for Buffalo to lay a turd of an effort this week down in Miami after playing from behind all day against New England.

Oh, and Atlanta could easily be 0-2 right now. They probably should be 0-2.

Panthers are 9th in ELO on 538. For whatever that's worth. They're better than the other three teams in the division by a pretty good amount.

It seems that this year is setting up the exactly like is has the last few years as far as who is good, who sucks, and who is in the middle and could go either way. NFL and their hope at parity be damned.

AFC-East the Pats come out on top again, the rest of the 3 circle jerk themselves into nothingness per usual.
AFC North- Tough division like usual the usual fight between the Bengal, Steelers, and Ravens to see who gets 2 playoff spots.
AFC South- Shit division without Indy taking advantage per usual but all said in done will come out on top,
AFC West- Same as the AFC North where Broncos, Chargers, and Chiefs fight it out to see who gets 2 playoff spots
NFC East- The we are a really good division, oh wait we are all pretty mediocre but someone has to win probably Dallas despite injuries
NFC North- The Green Bay owns this, maybe this is the year Vikings can break through but most likely Detroit limps into the playoffs again
NFC South- Same as last year Panthers make it out of here only to lose at Greenbay or Seattle
NFC West- Probably most competitive in NFC, Seattle or Cardinals take it, the other a dangerous wild-card team.

Probably should just skip to the playoffs now and save the season long injuries it has been written.

ATL only allowed 20 points to the Gints and 24 points to the Eagles who have ... well, at least on paper ... a lot more offensive capability than the current Cowboys. I can't see them cracking 20 with what they're rolling out there Sunday.

Let's all remind ourselves what a Cowboys team with Bryant and Murray looked like with Weeden at the helm last year. It weren't pretty.

I like the contrarian thinking, but I ain't putting my faith in Dallas on Sunday

Last edited:
Back