• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A question about football recruiting

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
I can see that Clawson has brought in some really talented kids. Big playmakers. But my question, for those of you who follow it closely, what did he bring in this year and have commits for next year on the O line? Just a really big need that needs addressing. Just looking for information

Check the recruiting thread. We have a well regarded OL commit.

Check the recruiting thread. We have a well regarded OL commit.

Probably takes longer to develop an O-line than anything else. If you bring in skill guys with talent they can get up to speed of the college game pretty quickly. The lineman in a lot of cases are still growing into the frames and need to develop strength. Jim Grobe was fortunate to come into a situation where we had several good, mature O-lineman despite the other challenges he stepped into at Wake. Clawson didn't have that luxury and I'm willing to give him 4 years to develop it before I start thinking he or the O-line coach doesn't know what he is doing.

Back