• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WFU Is Not Planning on Postponing the FSU Game

tsywake

Sheikh of Smoke
Staff member
Reaction score
I titled this thread specifically to try and avoid any confusion. As of now, no word has been given about postponing the game. This was tweeted to Stan Cotten yesterday though.

I say we just give a tie to both teams and call it a day.

Yeah, I've been wondering the same thing. I don't mind sitting out in the rain, done it plenty of times to watch the Deacs, but if it's raining buckets that's a little bit different deal. When is FSU's bye week, I'm sure it's not the same as ours though?

There would be no postponement given the tight schedule of college football; no suitable date. You'd either cancel it or play it.

I think I remember some games in the past getting postponed to a Sunday or even a Monday. Years ago I think a State v. ECU game got moved to a Monday night because of the remnants of a hurricane coming through.

Accuweather lowered the rain forecast from 1.5 inches to 1 inch on Saturday, so that is some good news I guess....

I spoke with some folks at Wake about this yesterday and was told the chances of a cancellation are on the low side. They're confident in the drainage system at BB&T Field, so the field conditions will continue to be workable despite the huge influx of rain (which the forecast lowered to "just" and inch and a half Saturday as of last night). The only concern would be if the rain turned into storms that included lightning, which doesn't seem to be in the mix with this system.

I think I remember some games in the past getting postponed to a Sunday or even a Monday. Years ago I think a State v. ECU game got moved to a Monday night because of the remnants of a hurricane coming through.

Yeah, I was assuming a postponement to a different weekend. If it was only a day, that could work I guess.

Yeah, I was assuming a postponement to a different weekend. If it was only a day, that could work I guess.

Yeah I don't see anyway it could be postponed to a different weekend. Before all the conferences starting having title games, postponed games might could get played the weekend after the last game of the year since you've got so long until the bowls, but not now.

The Dixie Classic Fair is in town this weekend, too, which will add to the logistical equation.

They didn't postpone the Navy game in Annapolis about 6 years ago so I'm going to say no. You could hardly see 10 ft in front of you for that one.

They didn't postpone the Navy game in Annapolis about 6 years ago so I'm going to say no. You could hardly see 10 ft in front of you for that one.

Yeah that one was bad, but you can't ever postpone a Navy game for rain, that just looks bad.:thumbsup:

Our only hope in this game is that it is raining so violently that it changes the makeup of the field.

Hopefully the people in charge don't get hysterical about a tropical storm predicted to drop an inch of rain and postpone or cancel.

Didn't a lot of games get postponed the week of 9/11? I think we postponed the NIU game that week, then proceeded to get our asses kicked when it was played in late November. Or did I make that up?

Our only hope in this game is that it is raining so violently that it changes the makeup of the field.

Too bad we don't have our old natural turf field, FSU always acted like they were scared to death to play on it.

Back