• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Are you good at playing basketball?

???

• Total voters
There should be a 'I used to be good' option.

I got cut from my HS team...twice.

Yes but good is a relative term. I was cut from mine too but I'm talking beer gut pickup ball men's league good. Not played past 9th grade ball good. On phone sry for lack of punctuation

I felt pretty good about things until [name redacted] came to town. Now I'm digging myself out of a very deep hole.

Who is (was?) the best baller on the boards?

Pretty sure Craig Dawson posted at one time. Maybe still does.

i could school the king dawrf douche from the city of decline. that's 4sure. when's the board's hoop it up tourney?

Gotta admit, I ain't too bad myself. I was actually the starting 2-guard for my high school team. We won the state title but mainly because our center was Len Elmore. Just tossed him the ball and let him do work down low lol. So I mean, I definitely wasn't the star or anything. I was just really solid at everything and would always get told I was the sexiest guy on the court by all the hottest girls and some guys too. I had a lot of pretty awesome stuff going on at the time, so playing college ball would have been too much of a time suck for me, but if memory serves, I had offers from every school in the country and a 1st round promise from 3 different ABA teams.

I could absolutely shoot the lights out. That was all I could do. But I could definitely shoot. BabyDeac75 can tell you. He and I were on an intramural team together.

I like to think in half good. Can hit some shots, play D, etc. By no means am I the best but I love playing some basketball.

I could absolutely shoot the lights out. That was all I could do. But I could definitely shoot. BabyDeac75 can tell you. He and I were on an intramural team together.

Listen, no disrespect to you or BabyDeac, but Cotton Fitzsimmons offered me $250,000 in hard cash to quit my job as a bone surgeon and become the 6th man for the 1979 Kansas City Kings. With the exchange rate from the seventies to now, that would be over a billion dollars today, but luckily I was making even more money than that for my surgery career, so I shot him down and made him cry. But suffice to say I could drill a fucking J in anyone's grill at anytime ever, including right this second.

Back