• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bryant Gross-Armiento

LesJohns3D

Reaction score
Bad news regarding Rutgers transfer Bryant Gross-Armiento.

As practice came to an end Wednesday, I noticed BGA coming onto the field limping pretty badly. This was odd to me, as just a month ago, he was moving along pretty well and all accounts had his recovery going well.

As it turns out, he had a setback and had another surgery about three weeks ago.

"He's got a decision to make as to whether he wants to try to come back or not," Wake coach Dave Clawson told me after practice when I asked about Gross-Armiento. "We're giving him a little bit of time."

"He had ACL surgery again. He tore it again. He's now three weeks removed from that."

Bryant has had more than his fair share of injuries and setbacks, and has yet to be able to play a single down of collegiate football. It's understandable that he'll take time to reflect on if he wants to try to make one last comeback effort.

Sad and unfortunate. Sounds like Clawson is respecting his schollie. Good wishes to BGA.

At least he is making that decision on while at Wake instead of a shithole like Rutgers.

At least he is making that decision on while at Wake instead of a shithole like Rutgers.

+1 that college and football program are a combo dumpster fire of epic proportions now. Hopefully he gets a useful degree out of it all

Bad news regarding Rutgers transfer Bryant Gross-Armiento.

As practice came to an end Wednesday, I noticed BGA coming onto the field limping pretty badly. This was odd to me, as just a month ago, he was moving along pretty well and all accounts had his recovery going well.

As it turns out, he had a setback and had another surgery about three weeks ago.

"He's got a decision to make as to whether he wants to try to come back or not," Wake coach Dave Clawson told me after practice when I asked about Gross-Armiento. "We're giving him a little bit of time."

"He had ACL surgery again. He tore it again. He's now three weeks removed from that."

Bryant has had more than his fair share of injuries and setbacks, and has yet to be able to play a single down of collegiate football. It's understandable that he'll take time to reflect on if he wants to try to make one last comeback effort.

Les - Thanks for sharing this info. The biggest impact of this is that it will put pressure on Dionte Austin and Amari Henderson to take on big roles next season. I don't envision Wake having room to go the post-grad route for 2016. Thomas Dillon may be in that mix as well, but I have the impression that Austin and Henderson are ahead of him right now.

So sorry to hear this. Rehab for ACL is grueling. Best of luck to Bryant no matter what he decides.

Back