• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BC Week Thread - 10/10/15 @ 3:00pm - RSN

VaDeac

Reaction score
BC -9.5.

Eagles couldn't even score 9.5 vs Duke. Gimme the Deacs.

Having to go on the road up to Boston after being so close this week has the markings of a classic hangover game. Hope that's not what ends up happening

BC's defense is legit.

These are BC defensive stats against their 3 FBS opponents:

Florida State: 14 points (7 of which scored on an FSU defensive TD); 217 total yards 3.0 ypc.
N. Illinois: 14 points (7 scored on a kickoff return; the other 7 scored on a 4 yard drive after a turnover); 153 total yards 2.3 YPC
Duke (9 points; no TDs); 228 total yards; 0.9 ypc

So, in 3 games against decent teams, BC's defense has given up a total of one legit offensive TD.

With that said, BC's offense is atrocious, and got worse after they lost their starting QB. BC has scored a total 24 points in it's 3 games against FBS teams, and they don't have a reliable kicker either (2 for 4 on FGs on the season with a long of 31).

The game will be low scoring and ugly. Special teams or defensive score may decide it.

Last edited:
bold prediction: we force our first turnover this weekend

bold prediction: we force our first turnover this weekend

One of these weeks it's bound to come true.

BC's defense is very legit. I think it was very important that the offense gained some confidence Saturday by having some success against FSU's defense. We need to take care of the football, take advantage opportunities field position might provide and finally get a turnover or 2 in our favor.

I assume Numbers will be there with a giant KinalKount poster.

Kinal should have a fresh leg, he only had to punt 4 times against FSU. He probably had that many in the first quarter against them last year.

I get the impression that BC's D mirrors the persona of their Coach.

And I'm always nervous when another Flutie relative shows up....at QB no less.

Not a lot of good memories in Alumni Stadium....:sick:

I get the impression that BC's D mirrors the persona of their Coach.

And I'm always nervous when another Flutie relative shows up....at QB no less.

Not a lot of good memories in Alumni Stadium....:sick:

I like Addazio, he's a tough, hard-nosed guy and his team plays like it. I hope we beat the crap out of them Saturday, but Addazio is one of my favorite coaches outside of Dave Clawson.

I will also say that Clawson, though he doesn't really have the tough guy persona of an Addazio, is a passionate and no-nonsense type of person and I think our team is starting to take on that identity. Grobe got too laid-back and his teams starting taking on that identity.

Last edited:
This is a tough road test after a big game at home. Would be easy to come out slow on the road, not a big rivalry, etc.

Everything about this game points to a potential letdown for a young team. If we come out with the same effort the last two games AND get a road win, I will be very impressed with Coach Claw and the coaching staff.

Back