• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sports Performance Center Campaign

Deac94

Reaction score
Here is a link to the webpage for the new Sports Performance Center Campaign, including info on the matching offer from Ben Sutton and Bob McCreary. I hope that you will take a few minutes to look at the info.

My intention is not to rekindle longstanding debates about the leadership of the AD, what needs to be demonstrated on the field, or whether the current facilities “arms race” in college athletics is rational. I get that some of you will not give a dime until certain changes have been made. I completely get that. However, for those that are still open minded I would share my opinion that improving our winning percentage without upgrading our facilities will not lead to significant improvements in recruiting. Facilities upgrades will have to be part of the mix. Especially the weight room, but also the nutrition center and meeting areas. These are standard things that recruits are shown on campus visits that are very substandard at Wake. If you ever get a chance to talk to Coach Clawson about this topic you should. I know (mostly from second-hand info) this is a topic he is very passionate about.

My understanding is that funding for this project will not come from Sutton, McCreary etc alone. Smaller donors will have to come through as well. Some of you may have already contributed because the overall campaign appears to have gotten off to a solid start.

http://wakewill.wfu.edu/lets-roll

I was talking to a friend whose son is a freshman on the Wake football team. This young man was recruited by several SEC schools among others. My buddy said the biggest need for Wake as far as facilities go is that all the other schools that recruited his son had is a state of the art weight training facility. Count me in to give to this cause 94. This is imperative to keep momentum going that our staff and players are working so hard for.

It's huge. We have to have it.

Everything looks great but what is the purpose of the larger trophy room?

Think the site must have been been hacked? Canned whoop ass storage? Higher ceilings for 7 foot coaches?

Think the site must have been been hacked? Canned whoop ass storage? Higher ceilings for 7 foot coaches?

I agree that it looks like it was hacked. Whoever did it had a pretty good sense of humor though. I'll admit that I laughed at the Demon Deacon's executive bathroom.

They shouldn't have used godeacs for the password.

That's fucking hilarious. Wake cannot get out of its own little way.

I agree that it looks like it was hacked. Whoever did it had a pretty good sense of humor though. I'll admit that I laughed at the Demon Deacon's executive bathroom.

Um, I think that's just the marketing team trying to be clever.

Yeah, they need to add troll faces or Chuck Norris pictures to make the millennials think it's funny.

Can someone fill in the blanks ?

The almost done football barn was quoted at roughly $21 million, correct ? What's the separate tab for the SPC ? It's not a super sized building ( smaller than Miller/Farrel ) so construction should be fairly quick once the shovels hit the ground.

thanks.

:plos::panda::foreveralone::eek:rbitbuddy::fuckyocouch::firstworldproblems:Facepalm

Back