• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tyler Henderson (Freshman RB on 2014 Team)

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
For some reason he popped into my mind and I can't remember what happened with him?

Thanks, I had forgotten about that. Shame he had to retire, but don't blame him one bit.

Yeah, what was I thinking asking a question about a former Wake Forest player on the sports board?????

Similar situation with Zach Gordon who is on the team as a student assistant after suffering a career ending injury.

Football is a brutal sport. I think it should be banned in high school.

Similar situation with Zach Gordon who is on the team as a student assistant after suffering a career ending injury.

Cool that we're keeping them involved with the program, but must be hard on them at times as well, wishing they were out there.

I love football, but if I had a son I'd have to think long and hard about letting him get involved in football. I probably begrudge NFL guys the least for the amount of money they get paid because of the short length of their careers in a lot of instances the abuse their bodies take.

They should play 7-7 high school football. Would drastically reduce the amount of wear and tear and big hits. Spread it out and make it a speed game.

They should play 7-7 high school football. Would drastically reduce the amount of wear and tear and big hits. Spread it out and make it a speed game.

Not unless you make it flag football. 7 on 7 would lead to more collisions on passes

I love football, but if I had a son I'd have to think long and hard about letting him get involved in football. I probably begrudge NFL guys the least for the amount of money they get paid because of the short length of their careers in a lot of instances the abuse their bodies take.

I steered my son away from playing football in middle school & got him into lacrosse. It's still a physical sport but has a lot less risk of head trauma.

I steered my son away from playing football in middle school & got him into lacrosse. It's still a physical sport but has a lot less risk of head trauma.

Lacrosse is pretty good alternative I would think. I don't know a while lot about it, but it looks like it would be fun.

I don't have kids but I feel like there are so many things out there that can hurt your kids that at that level football isn't a huge issue.

At various points in my life I played football, soccer, tennis, baseball, rugby, swam, and wrestled. Honestly the worst injury I ever had was IM softball.

I won't promote it or put the idea in their head. but if they choose to play football, I won't steer them away either.

This was a tongue-in-cheek statement for those who mock my support of high school football.

Football is a great team sport, perhaps the best for teaching team work. However, those who love the sport have to be concerned and even alarmed by the dangers, especially concussions and neck injuries. Better equipment is helping. Coaching must improve with respect to techniques and in making serious efforts to tone down the attempts to knock opposing players out of the game. I have 3 grandsons. It would not be my wish that any of them would play football until middle school and then only for coaches who are conscientious in teaching proper tackling techniques.

Football needs to be made as safe as possible. But all sport carries some risk. Risk is unavoidable in this world. Recklessness is something else,however.

Back