• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who should start against UNC?

Starting QB, if both are healthy?

• Wolford

Votes: 34 22.1%
  • Hinton

Votes: 114 74.0%
  • LoBo

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters
I think the other 10 guys played better when Hinton was in there. Wolf was rusty and was less than 100%. According to Clawson, Hilton wasn't getting in there today do to his sore back from last week. Anderson played like it really was his very first game. He'll be better next week and even better after that. That will help Wolf/Hinton too.

This is a tough decision. I think Wolford today didn't look to run as hard as he did before the Army injury, when he got hit from behind as he was attempting to slide to keep from getting hit. The way our offense is now, we need a running threat at QB. If Hinton is 100%, I think he can provide that threat. It's real close, but I would say Hinton. I would also say that I'm afraid that as much as our QBs get hit when passing, we will be fortunate if 1 or both of them don't suffer a season ending injury soon.

this shouldn't even be a debate. hinton if healthy.

Shouldn't even be a debate, yet the guys that manage practice, see the team play with both the quarterbacks for every single rep and get paid millions of dollars to make the actual decision have a different opinion.

Luckily the Deacs have quality depth at this position, instead of being a one-trick pony like last season. It's great to have viable options.

Whoever wins in practice. Honestly. If both are healthy I trust our staff to start the right guy. If both are healthy I wouldn't mind seeing both.

With as good as our defense is, and our punter, need to minimize turnovers at all costs. Thus, wolford. Similarly Colburn is our best back as a runner but for the same turnover reason he is a crap shoot for this team...two fumbles today but one bounced right back to him. I am thrilled to have hinton on this team, he is electric as a runner and does a better job of looking downfield...but we cant have turnovers.

Whoever wins in practice. Honestly. If both are healthy I trust our staff to start the right guy. If both are healthy I wouldn't mind seeing both.

I agree with this...in the red zone i prefer hinton as a true dual thrat and less chance of forcing things

Shouldn't even be a debate, yet the guys that manage practice, see the team play with both the quarterbacks for every single rep and get paid millions of dollars to make the actual decision have a different opinion.

Luckily the Deacs have quality depth at this position, instead of being a one-trick pony like last season. It's great to have viable options.

Well they are idiots then. A million dollars doesnt make you any smarter. But it could turn you into a smug asshole.

One of these two QBs is worth a damn. The other is a scappy guy who should be holding a clipboard at ECU.

Lets get real Les.

Last edited:

Good to know people that get paid millions of dollars have never made bad decisions.

Good to know people that get paid millions of dollars have never made bad decisions.

Without a doubt Coach must not only play Hinton but must start Hinton or just go ahead and mark down a win for the Hat and big coaching error for the Claw. This is not complicated.

I would say Hinton @ 100% > Wolford @ 100%, but Wolfford @ 80% > Hinton @ 80% due to the nature of their games, and obviously if one is significantly healthier, he should start. The starter this week will most likely be a health issue like yesterday. Hope Hinton heals up quickly.

Hinton. I just can't see us winning at Chapel Hill with Wolford starting.

I would say Hinton @ 100% > Wolford @ 100%, but Wolfford @ 80% > Hinton @ 80% due to the nature of their games, and obviously if one is significantly healthier, he should start. The starter this week will most likely be a health issue like yesterday. Hope Hinton heals up quickly.

I can get down with this.

Clawson just evidenced that he isn't going to show all of his cards (which is good). Regardless of what he tells the media, I'm pretty sure he realizes that if Hinton is healthy this question isn't even close.

With as good as our defense is, and our punter, need to minimize turnovers at all costs. Thus, wolford. Similarly Colburn is our best back as a runner but for the same turnover reason he is a crap shoot for this team...two fumbles today but one bounced right back to him. I am thrilled to have hinton on this team, he is electric as a runner and does a better job of looking downfield...but we cant have turnovers.

True but we also need to get first downs and score points.

Back