• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clawson - Passion, Enthusiasm and Energy

socaldeac

Reaction score
Clawson had great passion, enthusiasm, and energy yesterday. Its great to see a Coach who looks like he is into the game, having fun, and really cares about winning and is creating a great energy/Football culture. Clawson coaches with his "Hair on Fire." His players also really seemed to care. Go Deacs!

It's really kind of funny, outside of games he's a pretty buttoned-down sort of guy but during games he's so passionate and animated. Only thing is that he was giving the refs so much shit that the ref yesterday used an inadvertent contact by him to call an unsportsmanlike penalty (I'm guessing based on comments).

Wish he hadn't made contact with the official, which was a "Preventable accident" but yes absent that I totally agree.

Don't worry I'm sure given time Wellman will "culture" it out of him.

Agree with this post. However, bumping an official during a play - not cool. I'm interested to see if the ACC comments on it. Technical fouls on the coach are part of the culture of college basketball. Unsportsmanlike penalties on a college football coach - not so much. Clausen's energy is contagious and is spreading to our players. Keep it classy on the sideline. Working the officials is ok - interfering with an official during a play is not ok.

Agree with this post. However, bumping an official during a play - not cool. I'm interested to see if the ACC comments on it. Technical fouls on the coach are part of the culture of college basketball. Unsportsmanlike penalties on a college football coach - not so much. Clausen's energy is contagious and is spreading to our players. Keep it classy on the sideline. Working the officials is ok - interfering with an official during a play is not ok.

Going to be interesting to see if anything publicly comes out from the ACC office.

Fuck this post. Give 'em hell, Dave! If Coach has to reverse suplex an official to keep him from making calls like a dickhead, I'm fine with that.

Fuck this post. Give 'em hell, Dave! If Coach has to reverse suplex an official to keep him from making calls like a dickhead, I'm fine with that.

I agree. He's not putting up with the same ole shit we've been used to.

I agree. He's not putting up with the same ole shit we've been used to.

Amen! BC was getting every close call and he was just standing up for our guys. I love it! Some of our other coaches should follow his lead. The "bump" was a non event. If the ACC or Wellman makes something out of it....screw them!

We all know that Wellman would rather win sportsmanship awards than actual games (Exhibit A--when we quit using our very successful cut blocking schemes because John Bunting kept complaining about it). I'm glad that Clawson doesn't share that philosophy.

agreed. Looks like a lot of BS calls from that crew. Screw them

Exhibit C...this bullshit of band playing opposition fight song. Fine when playing a service academy....but we gotta quit that shit for all other games. Especially conference games.

Go back and check the replay. It's on ESPN 3 and occurs around the 2:52 point. He didn't interfere with an official during a play and really didn't "bump" the official. The play had ended. Clawson obviously wanted a penalty on the tackle which had already occurred. Clawson reached out to get the official's (Kavin McGrath's) attention and hit McGrath in the arm. Stupid thing to do, but not an intentional "bump" and certainly not during the play.

While we're commenting on random stuff, the BC drum line played the entire time they had the ball - including during plays. I didn't think that was allowed in addition to being dumb.

While we're commenting on random stuff, the BC drum line played the entire time they had the ball - including during plays. I didn't think that was allowed in addition to being dumb.

They didn't stop playing at all during the game, regardless of who had the ball.

Exhibit C...this bullshit of band playing opposition fight song. Fine when playing a service academy....but we gotta quit that shit for all other games. Especially conference games.

Umm pretty much every school in the country does this as part of their pregame

Umm pretty much every school in the country does this as part of their pregame. Ohio State has arguably the best band and team in the country right now, and they do it

What was exhibit B?

A little animated? I love it. Give 'em hell. BTW the call was bullshit.

Back