• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

How many penalties did the Deacs have

1976Deac

Reaction score
and how did we get one on the coaching staff? Apparently we got one on the coach while I was out of the room and I never heard any explanation. A little help...

I'm not sure I've ever seen that in a football game. 15 yards?

what was the unsportsman conduct penalty on Big Baby? I did not see anything. Some of those 15 yarders looked suspect.

what was the unsportsman conduct penalty on Big Baby? I did not see anything. Some of those 15 yarders looked suspect.
Ugh. He smacked a guy in the face. That one was blatant.

The late hit was probably the worst. I wish you could review personal fouls. I can see why they called it but a replay clearly would have shown what really happened.

One of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. The late hit where our guy was pushed into the BC guy by the defender, the unsportsmanlike on Clawson, and whatever the hell that was going on at the end of the game.

I love Clawson. One of my favorite things is his passion on the sidelines. The flag that was thrown on him was bullshit and probably just a line judge getting tired of hearing from him. Yes he was on the field, but that isn't usually called. The ref literally ran into him. Watch the way successful coaches (football or basketball) crawl all over refs. If it were FSU it wouldn't have been called. Objectively the refs were terrible and both sides had plenty of things to complain about.

I love Clawson. One of my favorite things is his passion on the sidelines. The flag that was thrown on him was bullshit and probably just a line judge getting tired of hearing from him. Yes he was on the field, but that isn't usually called. The ref literally ran into him. Watch the way successful coaches (football or basketball) crawl all over refs. If it were FSU it wouldn't have been called. Objectively the refs were terrible and both sides had plenty of things to complain about.

The flag thrown on Coach Clawson has to be thrown. Period. He can't be on the field during a live ball and grabbing an official. That call was simple. The official did not run into Coach Clawson, Coach Clawson reach out & grabbed his arm. Check your replay again! Plus he was definitely tired of being screamed at all day, but they do listen to that from all coaches in college football. But grabbing an official is always penalized You just never see it done by a coach. He was trying to get him to see something on the opposite side of the field and went about it the wrong way. Simple as that.

The flag thrown on Coach Clawson has to be thrown. Period. He can't be on the field during a live ball and grabbing an official. That call was simple. The official did not run into Coach Clawson, Coach Clawson reach out & grabbed his arm. Check your replay again! Plus he was definitely tired of being screamed at all day, but they do listen to that from all coaches in college football. But grabbing an official is always penalized You just never see it done by a coach. He was trying to get him to see something on the opposite side of the field and went about it the wrong way. Simple as that.

That makes sense, but I'm glad he doesn't put up with a bunch of crap.

Please post the replay. The only thing I saw was the ref bumping into him (yes on the field but not during a play) and throwing a flag. Also, by the way, after missing another blatant holding call.

Also flag or no flag, I like his passion. It was worth it either way.

Please post the replay. The only thing I saw was the ref bumping into him (yes on the field but not during a play) and throwing a flag. Also, by the way, after missing another blatant holding call.

Also flag or no flag, I like his passion. It was worth it either way.

Love the passion. The BC HC looked like the bigger jackass at the end of the game in my opinion.

Was it just my perception or were there a lot of very late flags Saturday, with many of them being thrown only after protests by the opposing players?

He was NOT on the field during a live ball. He came on the field after the whistle.

I would suspect that the reff was tired of hearing from Coach and that the officials had been instructed by the conference to calm this down. The reff walked into coaches arm thereby allowing him to call the penalty. I have had similar experience with 2 different ACC basketball officials, luckily I have been able to get out of there way before they contacted me allowing an action.

This is just blatantly lying to support a ref. The play was over, Clawson didn't grab him. The ref walked into Clawson to call a penalty. Your obsessive defending of referees only causes people to dismiss anything you say.

Back