• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Preseason Discussion Thread - Hudson and Watson Suspended

Ayo

What up, Bird?
Reaction score
Maybe it's because all eyes are on Giles, but there seems to be a huge lack of talk both on the boards and in the media about the upcoming season. Exhibition game is only three and a half weeks away.

Last edited:
I am very excited about this upcoming season. I think Moore is going to surprise a lot of people. I do think we need to be careful about UNC-Pembroke they surprised UAB last year

Excited for Crawford, bulked up Dino, Senior-year Codi, and the upcoming Giles commitment.

My expectations are that this team will be significantly better than last year's and I'm thinking we will all be impressed with Crawford and Collins from the start. Unfortunately, with the meat grinder of a schedule that we have I think our record will only get marginally better. To the people who watch every game (i.e., people who post here), I think we are going to notice a ton of improvement.

Edit: Meant Collins, not Moore

Last edited:
Moore will take some time but I do expect big things from Crawford and Collins.

Hudson is going to surprise a lot of people. He showed signs last year of his ability and I think with his added height, he'll be a key member of the team this year. Which would be good since WF desperately needs a reliable SF.

Hudson is going to surprise a lot of people. He showed signs last year of his ability and I think with his added height, he'll be a key member of the team this year. Which would be good since WF desperately needs a reliable SF.

Height will help, but ball handling and strength are much more important for Hudson.

Ideas on starting 5/rotation

Crawford - Mitch
CMM
Crab - GMc
Dinos - JC
Devin - Doral

Main question to me is the backcourt. Crawford seems like a good fit to start, but we might need to use him as the main ballhandler for the second unit as we only really have 3 playable guards unless you slide Crab to 2.

I think we will be seeing a 3 guard lineup quite a bit if Crawford can defend a SF. Our post situation looks as strong as it's been in awhile.

I am very excited about this upcoming season. I think Moore is going to surprise a lot of people. I do think we need to be careful about UNC-Pembroke they surprised UAB last year

Full melt down mode before the season really starts, that would be fun.

Our schedule is ROUGH. Gonna be tough to keep things in perspective.

I was just saying they beat a team that went to the ncaa tournament and they return every player from last year. Sooooo maybe u should just to conclusions

Error prone players like Trent Strickland and Scooter Banks got their act together as seniors. I believe CMM and Devin will do the same.

Back