• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who Should Start Against NCSU?

Who Starts?

• Wolford

Votes: 42 44.7%
  • Hinton

Votes: 52 55.3%

• Total voters

dmcheatw

Reaction score
New poll to reflect the current opinion on the board.

Is option two still option two?

I've waffled back and forth throughout the season and am finally (or at least currently) at the point where, health aside, I don't think there's an appreciable difference between the two. It feels weird to be ambivalent about who starts at QB for Wake, but that's where I am.
We have two nice QB's. It's not a bad place to be.
I fear, though, that injuries are going to be the deciding factor in this question for most of the rest of the season, if not all of it.

I'm with VaDeac.

Doesn't really matter until we come up with a better game plan for the offense. We seem confused most of the time about what we are trying to do. Not Lobo bad but play calling seems somewhat random. Would like to see a few more passes in the 15+ yard range to open things up a bit.

Wolfford with more passing, less running, open up with long passes, go for it often!!!!!

Last edited:
If both are healthy Hinton. But with the current injuries they have you go with Wolford. A bad back affects running and throwing for Hinton. You can still throw on an 70-80% healthy ankle and running is not a big part of Wolfords game.

Until we run more variations than the read option, it doesn't matter. We don't have the size, talent, "horses" to win ACC games with this strategy, IMO. The O was unbelievably slow in play development Sat. UNC's athletic front line could stuff us without much support help. Still not sure why Hinton didn't start, unless it was an unpublished medical report that Hinton was still recovering more than Wolford. Hinton's play vs Army and FSU should have won him the starting position, IMO.

Did you see Hinton play against Carolina or had you tuned out already? He did pretty much nothing. I would've thought that head-to-head comparison would silence some of the OMG Hinton!!1! complainers. Not that Hinton is bad or anything, but he's not a clear choice over Wolford at the very, very least.

Did you see Hinton play against Carolina or had you tuned out already? He did pretty much nothing. I would've thought that head-to-head comparison would silence some of the OMG Hinton!!1! complainers. Not that Hinton is bad or anything, but he's not a clear choice over Wolford at the very, very least.

It pretty much showed me that Hinton is still limited by his lingering back injury. You could tell he was told to get down and avoid contact as much as possible. I don't think it's fair to judge a side by side in that manner, I don't think the plan was to play Hinton unless we absolutely had to. Doubt Hinton had a normal prep week. I'm not saying who's better, but just that I'm not sure Saturday night was a good indication. Should make for an interesting QB competition going into next season between those 2, with Kearns in the mix and maybe even Newman. However, it would be nice to not even have to consider playing a true frosh QB next year, unless Newman is just off the charts good.

Guys, it's cow college's curse of BB&T Field game- we should be able to trot out the water boy at QB and still win! :thumbsup:

478294366-cory-randolph-of-the-wake-forest-demon-gettyimages.jpg

Hinton was still injured vs UNC. Plus the coaches did let him throw the ball much at all

With both not 100 percent healthy I'll echo everyone else: whoever is healthier. When they're both healthy Wolford starts with Hinton coming in for 20-30 percent of the packages

I suppose we may not ever field a 100% healthy QB this season.

If both are healthy Hinton. But with the current injuries they have you go with Wolford. A bad back affects running and throwing for Hinton. You can still throw on an 70-80% healthy ankle and running is not a big part of Wolfords game.

For the record, he doesn't have a bad back. He has a hip pointer.

Yes, he played but no time to get into a rhythm IMO. I think it's fairly obvious Hinton is better simply because of his ability to improvise and run. He has moved the team even vs FSU. No reason to believe he wouldn't have against UNC had he started and had more PT. I think that's why he's the slight favorite in this poll.

Back