• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Changes Iwould like to see Clawson make

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Overall I think he is a great hire and we are improved in a number areas over last year, but I would like to see him make two changes in the off season.
One, fore the special teams coach. Big disappointment and not much improvement since they arrived.\
Two, fire the OL coach. We have stunk at OL play for the last 5 or 6 years and I have not seen much improvement in the last year and a half. I know we are young, but technique is really bad and has not gotten better over the course of the season.

Clawson brought with him mostly all MAC or lower level coaches. In P5 football, not sure that's going to cut it. But bad players make coaches look bad and vice versa. Hard to tell until Clawson's recruits are upperclassmen.

You don't fire the OL coach based off of talent he deals with. He is dealing with young talent, but it is talent. If he was dealing with great talent, then it's a different story. Again, tabacca has the talent it's just young talent. We all know an OL should take 3-4 years to develop. We will play better with each year. The D-line we played against was not a joke.

Special teams is miles better under Clawson. Look at last year as well. We need the horses. Clawson has been successful at every level - the guy knows what he is doing. Seriously think about our offense - 3 of our 4 best WR are frosh. Hines Lewis and MF'ing CHUCK WADE (he legit). Serigne a sophomore. Frosh/Soph at RB and QB. Two Frosh tackles. So, what do you expect? Seriously what are you hoping for w this youth? It is going to take TIME. Stay the course.

Last season we ended the year ranked #8 in the country in special teams efficiency. As a reference, we were ranked #125 in offense. And you want to fire the special teams coach?

This year we are #53 in special teams. Adam Scheier, the special teams coach, is also our best recruiter. You want him fired?

Last season we ended the year ranked #8 in the country in special teams efficiency. As a reference, we were ranked #125 in offense. And you want to fire the special teams coach?

This year we are #53 in special teams. Adam Scheier, the special teams coach, is also our best recruiter. You want him fired?

Also coaches tight ends and Sergine is on the way to being one of the best we've ever had.

You don't fire the OL coach based off of talent he deals with. He is dealing with young talent, but it is talent. If he was dealing with great talent, then it's a different story. Again, tabacca has the talent it's just young talent. We all know an OL should take 3-4 years to develop. We will play better with each year. The D-line we played against was not a joke.
But you need to see improvement and good fundamentals and we are not seeing that

I might be wrong, but I don't Clawson will be the type to hang onto assistants just out of loyalty.

We are pretty good (except today) when we are doing the kicking. But our return game is non-existent. That is a huge problem for a team that needs every edge they can get

Why don't our CBs look back for the ball when they see the WR look back? They get called for PI when they make any contact unless they look back for the ball. It seems as if we are missing out by not doing this.

Well, I think probably that if they look back for the ball there's a much greater likelihood they'll lose coverage of the receiver. We aren't the only team that doesn't always look back. That's something to ask Clawson if it really makes you upset.

Why don't our CBs look back for the ball when they see the WR look back? They get called for PI when they make any contact unless they look back for the ball. It seems as if we are missing out by not doing this.

I think it's a function of being slower that their covers, but that's just my theory. I don't think it's coached, because I'm pretty sure Clawson's been upset about it in pressers.

I think it's a function of being slower that their covers, but that's just my theory. I don't think it's coached, because I'm pretty sure Clawson's been upset about it in pressers.

This.

Out CB's lack the speed they need to be able to turn their head and make a play. If they turn, they're losing 2-3 steps.

I would like to see an end to this slow option read hand off play (or whatever it's called) we run over and over. Seems like if you have a weak line you need to add a half back in the backfield or something, not slow down the hand off. But then again I'm just frustrated and looking for answers like everyone else.

I would like to see Coach Clawson given a chance. Excellent guy, proven winner. When did Wake fans become such whiners?!

I'd like to see an end to our opposition coming in and acting like it's a home game for them. It happens in Basketball too. It's embarrassing. I've been to several football venues and BB&T Feild is absolutely the weakest football atmosphere I've seen.
Back to the topic of what can coach do, keep 2 on the feild, sorry Wolf, but it's a product of our weak Oline play. Sure he's gonna make some mistakes, but at least he gives us a chance!

I'd like to see an end to our opposition coming in and acting like it's a home game for them. It happens in Basketball too. It's embarrassing. I've been to several football venues and BB&T Feild is absolutely the weakest football atmosphere I've seen.
Back to the topic of what can coach do, keep 2 on the feild, sorry Wolf, but it's a product of our weak Oline play. Sure he's gonna make some mistakes, but at least he gives us a chance!

New around here huh? Been that way forever and will be that way to a certain extent forever. Wake is a small school with a small fanbase. The only thing that helps is winning, in 2006-2008 we got people on our bandwagon and the best home atmospheres I've seen at BB&T were during that time. Even then, games vs. State or Clemson or UNC had large presences from their fans. Its something that has to be accepted to an extent as a Wake fan, not to say it can't get better, but you're never going to see a Clemson like atmosphere at BB&T.

Last edited:
Back