• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wolford and Gaulden

liveanddiedeac

Reaction score
Wolford's got a lot of heart, love the kid. Gaulden chose to play his last year here, glad he did. However, as long as Hinton and Austin are healthy, neither should see the field the rest of the way. Our line can't protect for Wolford and teams tee off and Gauldin hasn't been able to cover a wall with paint. Hinton and Austin are younger and playing better, give them the reps.

Wolford's got a lot of heart, love the kid. Gaulden chose to play his last year here, glad he did. However, as long as Hinton and Austin are healthy, neither should see the field the rest of the way. Our line can't protect for Wolford and teams tee off and Gauldin hasn't been able to cover a wall with paint. Hinton and Austin are younger and playing better, give them the reps.

Wolford ankle is jacked up. Not 100% for sure.

Wolford ankle is jacked up. Not 100% for sure.

Not 100% and won't be playing behind our O-line. Hinton at least makes the defense be a little more careful in their pressure, with John it's pin the ears back and come.

I thought Austin and Watson played pretty well today. We are bad at safety.

I thought Austin and Watson played pretty well today. We are bad at safety.

Agreed. Watson has been pretty good all year, I like how Ausitn is progressing as a frosh. Safety has been disappointing, thought we'd be better with Janvion and Brown.

Don't we have another corner redshirting?

Janvion has always been pretty bad. He's willing to attack runners in the hole but outside of that he doesn't give us much. I'm hoping Redd is good enough to start.

Brown makes plays but is pretty bad in coverage.

Amari Henderson. I think we were pretty high on him. Listed at 6'1" 175lbs, probably needed this year to bulk up. Body wise sounds kind of like KJ.

I don't remember seeing Gaulden after the TD he gave up. Austin played well in relief, I thought, and actually gets his head around on those long passes. When Glenn is healthy again, I'd like to see him take a certain post-grad's snaps at safety; he's shown some flashes. Pretty sure the talk was that Henderson would have played this year were it not for a lingering (hamstring?) injury.

Glenn is promising. I had kinda forgot about him.

Wolford would be great with time to throw and better receivers. With what we have now, Hinton gives us the best chance to win. It's tough passing with 2 seconds to get it off. Teams are playing tight coverage and blitzing the hell out of us now. It's not rocket science . And our weak pass rush and weak secondary is killing us on defense. We probably won't win another game.

I wasnt keeping that close of track, but I dont think Gaulden saw the field after that first quarter. I think that may have been the staff giving up on him, which in my opinion is long overdue.

Gulden hasn't been at all what I expected him to be. Been exposed in just about every game this year. I hope he doesn't see another snap at corner.

Dancel has been awful too.

Understatement of the year. Surely we have some younger players that are no worse. Shit, you could just pull a random student out of the crowd, and they wouldn't do any worse. I don't think it is possible to do any worse.

Let the young guys get some experience. Hinton's job as starting QB rest of the year. Maybe the grad transfer route is a route we don't need to be taking. 2 of 3 were transfers for a reason.

Last edited:
I saw on the recruiting thread that the staff may try to get another year for Gaulden. Why waste a ship on him?

Back