• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

More Evidence of Carolina's True Culture

80deac

Reaction score
I caught Jones Angel and Ethan Albright on the radio play-by-play this past Saturday, discussing the illegal hand gesture of Switzer in our game. Lending evidence it was a "terrible call" by the refs, Albright proclaimed it was unintentional because he had talked to "daddy" who said it was. He said, "that's just Ryan's nervous energy."

Everyone in the ACC now knows he does this and, in fact, I think that's why the refs were looking for it and caught it. You'd have to be a true idiot to take a high altitude punt without a fair catch with defenders ready to light you up and several already behind you. Switzer knew exactly what he was doing. They were also going on about how unfair all the flags were that Carolina was getting in the (UVa) game. Their tone and anger was specifically directed at the refs, never finding fault with the UNC players! It was comical when it also included calls of illegal formation or false starts.

Angel and Albright offer more evidence that they, too, have drunk the "Carolina Cool-aide"

I caught Jones Angel and Ethan Albright on the radio play-by-play this past Saturday, discussing the illegal hand gesture of Switzer in our game. Lending evidence it was a "terrible call" by the refs, Albright proclaimed it was unintentional because he had talked to "daddy" who said it was. He said, "that's just Ryan's nervous energy."

Everyone in the ACC now knows he does this and, in fact, I think that's why the refs were looking for it and caught it. You'd have to be a true idiot to take a high altitude punt without a fair catch with defenders ready to light you up and several already behind you. Switzer knew exactly what he was doing. They were also going on about how unfair all the flags were that Carolina was getting in the (UVa) game. Their tone and anger was specifically directed at the refs, never finding fault with the UNC players! It was comical when it also included calls of illegal formation or false starts.

Angel and Albright offer more evidence that they, too, have drunk the "Carolina Cool-aide"

I heard that too, not surprised at all, Woody mentored them well.

Back