• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN Asks to Delay Start of ACC Channel

WakeForestRanger

Reaction score
The launch of an ACC network run in partnership with ESPN, which has been expected for 2017, will likely take longer than expected.

The cable giant has asked for the delay, according to Georgia Tech president G.P. “Bud” Peterson, who made the statement at last week’s Georgia Tech Athletic Association quarterly board meeting. Conversations between the league and network are ongoing. The conference and network have discussed partnering on a dedicated ACC channel at least five years.

“(ESPN) had come back and said that in some of the other instances where (conference) networks have started, they lost considerable amounts of money in the first couple of years,” Peterson said. “What they’d like to do is delay the start for a couple years and do the necessary preparation.”

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/co...rnallink_referralbox_free-to-premium-referral

Fuck ESPN

This.

The All-Duke all the time network is clueless. One random day last SUMMER, I skipped over to ESPN.com and they had about 12-15 possible articles/tweets etc. on their home page - I call them "stimuli"- and FOUR of them were:

- Coach K
- Jabari Parker: will he return 100%
- Peyton Manning doing drills at DUKE in the summer with a picture of Cutcliffe
- Duke AD quoted or Duke Athletic Department tweeting or something about recruiting and the NCAA - it was Duke related

So...a waste of my time.

Instead, I go to NFL Network or other means to get my sports fix. Sometimes I even go...outside.

Once ESPN allows direct subscription, cable is dead.

I'm more concerned about the random "RSN" broadcasts. Perhaps if ESPN went subscription, the ACC would step up their streaming options, but I doubt it.

I'm more concerned about the random "RSN" broadcasts. Perhaps if ESPN went subscription, the ACC would step up their streaming options, but I doubt it.

This is where the Big Ten is better prepared for the future.

Back