• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Having Perdue as our Governor...

jhmd2000

Unacceptably correct
Reaction score
...is like having Palin as your governor, without all of the good parts.

Neither has the candle power to compete with an average meat goat, but at least Palin has the a) aesthetics and b) enough self-awareness to resign when she's in over her head.

If only the Old North State were so blessed. While I'd prefer the latter, I'd be willing to settle for either at this point.

Last edited:
I'm pretty much a yellow dog Dem, but I didn't vote for her. The bridge thing took care of any interest I had in supporting her, and she's given me little reason since to change my mind.

she is not good. neither is the legislature. combined they make an extremely not-good team.

She is controlled by a few businessmen in the eastern part of the state -- Without Joe Alcoke from New Bern you might never have heard of her.

I've been away from NC for awhile now. I still can't believe you all stuck with Easley then went with Perdue. Sad.

Pretty astonishing that eastern NC still controls the executive. Honestly though, the economy was going to suck regardless of who went in there, so whatever. As bas as Bev's image is if a republican is every going to knock off a sitting D gov in this state, 2012 is the year.

Pretty astonishing that eastern NC still controls the executive. Honestly though, the economy was going to suck regardless of who went in there, so whatever. As bas as Bev's image is if a republican is every going to knock off a sitting D gov in this state, 2012 is the year.

Trivia question: Why are the counties on the Albermarle Sound (North Bank) relatively smaller (almost all "thinner") then the counties in the Western part of the State?

Its time for bullets to be serious for a sec. Has there ever been a good NC politician?

Its time for bullets to be serious for a sec. Has there ever been a good NC politician?

There have been some DREADFULLY bad ones, in my opinion:

Basnight, Black, Easley, Edwards, Decker, Meg Scott, Nifong,

Hunt and Helms tie for the longevity award for being around for the longest time without being implicated in something actively illegal. Helms also ran the model Congressional office; many a Dem raved about the service they got from his office. Then again, 49.5% of the State absolutely hated the man (Reference: RJ's comments at his passing).

but at least Palin has the a) aesthetics and b) enough self-awareness to resign when she's in over her head.

You don't really believe that the reason she resigned do you?

Trivia question: Why are the counties on the Albermarle Sound (North Bank) relatively smaller (almost all "thinner") then the counties in the Western part of the State?

Forgive my lack of NC geopolitical understanding, but I'd guess that each county gets a state senator, so the east is overrepresented. But who made this happen, I do not know.

at least Palin has the a) aesthetics and b) enough self-awareness to resign when she's in over her head.

LOL at the blind ignorance on display in this post. Palin resigned for one reason only - to get paid, and I certainly don't fault her for it. She will make more money these last couple years on the speech/fundraising circuit than she would have made in a lifetime as governor of Alaska.

Back