• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

MYSTERIOUS SCRIMMAGE!!!!!!!!

bob4deacs

Reaction score
Can someone tell me why this scrimmage has been kept such a secret? I found about it on another board and it posted by another Deac fan. What I do know is Wake played Georgia in Charlotte in late October and Wake won by 17 and McClinton had a very good game, but that is about all I have been able to find out. I do not belong to any premium sites sothe above info is all I have. I would at least like to see a box score. Does anyone have this info and care to make it available. I would certainly appreciate it.

These games almost never have a much of a flow at all. It is primarily focused on end of game situations and there is almost certainly no box score for it.

Heard that Georgia may have been without two of their best players as well. It is used by the coaches as a glorified practice to get out of the monotony of practicing against your own guys.

While I am glad to hear that Wake "won", I don't put a lot of stock into it at all.

I also heard that Crawford looked very good as well, so there's another tidbit if you are really craving information about it.

Wish there was more out there about it, but it was less a game and more a practice.

I don't have any info about the outcome of the scrimmage other than what has been posted (i.e., that we won by 17 and certain players had good showings). Playing a closed door scrimmage like this before the season where the result isn't published isn't uncommon though. IIRC, we played a scrimmage like this against VCU a few years ago.

Also heard from a Georgia source that we crushed 'em. Hopefully a good sign

PM sd3 for scrimmage reports?

This game was a huge barometer for our season. With the Georgia scrimmage behind us, there's very little we don't know now about this year's men's hoops team. Seventeen-point win over UGa = mortal lock for Elite Eight berth.

It's probably "closed door" for a reason.
Kinda dumb to close the doors and then leak out every detail.

It's closed in part due to NCAA rules. Teams are allowed 2 pre-season games that can be either closed door with a D1 team (a scrimmage) or open door with a non-D1 team (an exhibition). Wake typically does one of each.

I want details!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)Thanks to all who responded. Wake surely had several players who played well, which I hope is a good omen for the future.

We could totally be the 3rd best team in the SEC East in basketball!

BallStateDeac attended the scrimmage. He will give you full details of it, but you have to PM him directly.

Back