• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Clemson's New Football Facility

Reaction score
https://slate.adobe.com/cp/b8HAd/

Non WFU topic but have to post. This thing has a replica of the hill, an indoor slide and of course a golf simulator because every football building should have one of those. How big is Deacon Tower? 140,000 square feet is a big football only building. Another illustration of how hard it is to compete for Wake Forest at times.

Last edited:
https://slate.adobe.com/cp/b8HAd/

Non WFU topic but have to post. This thing has a replica of the hill, an indoor slide and off course a golf simulator because every football building should have one of those. How big is Deacon Tower? 140,000 square feet is a big football only building. Another illustration of how hard it is to compete for Wake Forest at times.

Ours isn't going to be that nice?

805d5b60-37e8-4cac-9ac5-4d064a5f9e69.jpg

"Clemson Football Director of Recruiting and External Affairs" is named Thad Turnipseed.

That's a true Clemson name.

That is crazy.

A lot of that stuff is just stupid. F'ing laser tag?? Beach volleyball? I mean, I guess that's cool.

More importantly, I wish we had something like IPTAY here at Wake. Small donations, plus small donations, plus small donations = large donations. IPTAY is the real engine behind Clemson support. I'm surprised more schools don't replicate it. Or perhaps they have tried but IPTAY is just one of those unique traditions that becomes so synonymous with being an alum, that it's impossible to copy and translate elsewhere.

Last edited:
A lot of that stuff is just stupid. F'ing laser tag?? Beach volleyball? I mean, I guess that's cool.

More importantly, I wish we had something like IPTAY here at Wake. Small donations, plus small donations, plus small donations = large donations. IPTAY is the real engine behind Clemson support. I'm surprised more schools don't replicate it. Or perhaps they have tried but IPTAY is just one of those unique traditions that becomes so synonymous with being an alum, that it's impossible to copy and translate elsewhere.

-N

Do you really want your football players playing beach volleyball? Sounds like a recipe for a lot of ankle and knee injuries.

-N

Many non alums support IPTAY also.

Do you really want your football players playing beach volleyball? Sounds like a recipe for a lot of ankle and knee injuries.

No, absolutely not. Not ever. I doubt Luke Kuechly has ever played beach volleyball. None of that stuff will ever get used. Was more making the point on IPTAY. I have no affiliation with Clemson (family or friends) - that said, I'd be curious to hear from others how successful it is.

Clemson isn't even pretending that facility is for the players. Beach volleyball? That's for donors who pay for the access. But they'll claim poverty when asked why they can't pay players.

Clemson isn't even pretending that facility is for the players. Beach volleyball? That's for donors who pay for the access. But they'll claim poverty when asked why they can't pay players.

A bunch of fat, rednecks trying to play beach volleyball, that will be visually appealing for sure.

To put things in perspective, Clemson is still well behind other schools in the top 4 in size of AD budget.

It's for the players, specifically recruits. Plain and simple arms race.

It's all fun and games until somebody tears a ligament during laser tag or burns themselves on the grill.

By the way, $55 million is enough to pay 85 scholarship athletes a $20,000 stipend for over 30 years.

Jesus, that place is bigger than our god damned campus.

To put things in perspective, Clemson is still well behind other schools in the top 4 in size of AD budget.

To put things in perspective Klempsun is numero uno in the rankings and may well be on their way to a national title. Time will tell on that but if they get past Florida State this weekend they are most probably in the playoffs. So whether they are behind others are not is just a sign we are trying to show our intense jealousy of how far ahead Klemsun is than most of the ACC and most definitely LOWF

To put things in perspective Klempsun is numero uno in the rankings and may well be on their way to a national title. Time will tell on that but if they get past Florida State this weekend they are most probably in the playoffs. So whether they are behind others are not is just a sign we are trying to show our intense jealousy of how far ahead Klemsun is than most of the ACC and most definitely LOWF

Idk, watching that video is pretty strong evidence that we are still in many ways little old Wake Forest.

Back