• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pulse of the Fanbase: Beginning of Year 2 of the Manning Era

How confident are you in Danny Manning going forward (10 being the best, 1 the worst)

Votes: 3 1.4%

Votes: 1 0.5%

Votes: 6 2.8%

Votes: 21 9.6%

Votes: 19 8.7%

Votes: 47 21.6%

Votes: 58 26.6%

Votes: 53 24.3%

Votes: 8 3.7%

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ayo

What up, Bird?
Reaction score
On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best, 1 being the worst), how confident are you in Danny Manning leading the basketball program going forward?

Last edited:
On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best, 1 being the worst), how confident are you in Danny Manning leading the basketball program going forward?

7. I think having a coach with a name is a plus and I think he's just going to get better as a head coach as he gets more experience. The jury is still out on how well he can recruit and how good of an x and o, and in game coach he will be. He's tons better than Bzzz no doubt, but is he good enough to dig out of the deep hole created by Bzzz, time will tell.

This is a really dumb time to be starting this thread, honestly.

This is a really dumb time to be starting this thread, honestly.
Beginning of season vs. end of season, compare the results, no? The Giles news should've worn off by now with the Doofusbomb. Perhaps I should've waited until next week. My bad.

031614_Ron_Wellman_640x360.jpg

because we just got confirmation of one of the most disappointing news items to hit the basketball program in years, and humans in general are reactionary by nature? i dunno, i just think a more accurate, level-headed response would have been garnered by making the pool before the season opener next week

Beginning of season vs. end of season, compare the results, no? The Giles news should've worn off by now with the Doofusbomb. Perhaps I should've waited until next week. My bad.

yeah, i mean at the end of the day it's a silly poll on an internet forum, but yeah

because we just got confirmation of one of the most disappointing news items to hit the basketball program in years, and humans in general are reactionary by nature? i dunno, i just think a more accurate, level-headed response would have been garnered by making the pool before the season opener next week

yeah, i mean at the end of the day it's a silly poll on an internet forum, but yeah

That will be influenced by what happens in the exhibition game. Can't think of a better way to gauge how people feel going into Year 2 than a poll right before the start of Year 2.

That will be influenced by what happens in the exhibition game. Can't think of a better way to gauge how people feel going into Year 2 than a poll right before the start of Year 2.
Yes, this was my thinking. If Crawford goes for 35 tonight like CMM similarly did in his 1st game against UConn, well...

I think it is a pretty encouraging sign that despite losing out on Giles, the majority of fans who post here are cautiously optimistic. Considering we are also some of the most vicious and sarcastic members of the fan base and still have an average score of over 6 on this poll (at the current time), I think that is pretty good.

Need to continue to show improvement, and keep pounding the pavement on the recruiting trail.

Looking forward to your game reviews, Wrangor.

Oddly, I find my confidence in the state of our basketball program and my confidence in Danny Manning to be two very different things.

4. We needed a great class and didn't get one. But maybe the team will make a big jump this year.

oooohhhh! Net Promoter Scores!

FUN!

I think it is a pretty encouraging sign that despite losing out on Giles, the majority of fans who post here are cautiously optimistic. Considering we are also some of the most vicious and sarcastic members of the fan base and still have an average score of over 6 on this poll (at the current time), I think that is pretty good.

Need to continue to show improvement, and keep pounding the pavement on the recruiting trail.

The state of the basketball program current has a NPS of -49.

Comparatively, here are some recent NPS scores of major corporations.

HSBC: -14
US Airways: -8
Motel 6: -15
Comcast: -3
Time Warner Cable: -5
Mediacom: -22

Back