• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame

HONDO2

Reaction score
Anyone else besides me going ?

Yea I know....two months ago when I booked my flights and hotel this sounded like a fun bucket-list trip rooting for Wake. Now today after the Giles crap, I'm not so enthused.

Anyway, anyone in....I just don't wanna be the 1 in 82,000 wearing Deacs gear in South Bend.

thanks

Yea I know....two months ago when I booked my flights and hotel this sounded like a fun bucket-list trip rooting for Wake. Now today after the Giles crap, I'm not so enthused.

Anyway, anyone in....I just don't wanna be the 1 in 82,000 wearing Deacs gear in South Bend.

thanks

Not me, don't care nothing about going to a glorified dump of a stadium to see us get our ass kicked.

thanks

Still a fun place to go & it is a bucket list place to experience. I went with our group a few years ago when we played, so just take in all the game day activities on campus. They start 4 or more hours before kickoff. Also do the pep rally in the basketball arena the night before.

I'll be there. Glad our bball team isnt playing Iona during the game like last time in a competition of which Wake team can get their asses beatdown worse.

I'll be there. Glad our bball team isnt playing Iona during the game like last time in a competition of which Wake team can get their asses beatdown worse.

Are you in the Wake section....and what section # is that ?

Still a fun place to go & it is a bucket list place to experience. I went with our group a few years ago when we played, so just take in all the game day activities on campus. They start 4 or more hours before kickoff. Also do the pep rally in the basketball arena the night before.

Thanks Reff. Where'd ya park ?

Yep. Made for an even sadder bus ride back to Chicago.

Stay close to south bend. You can tour the stadium on Friday. Get a pretzel at the stadium.

heading there, first time, with son.

I went a couple of years ageo. I would strongly recommend going early if you need to Will Call your tickets. They have only one line to get your tickets and took me 1.5 hours to get my tickets. I did not get into the game until the second quarter, and the game had already been decided. I think we were down by 21 points by the time I saw any of the game. I really pissed me off. Great campus and game day experience.

staying in a condo near the stadium, recommendation for dinner / what to do on Friday night?

staying in a condo near the stadium, recommendation for dinner / what to do on Friday night?

If you are looking for a "nice" dinner, I'd recommend going to Corndance. You will need a reservation.

General question: better to stay in Chicago and take the train or stay in South Bend? Stanford friends say stay in Chicago and take the train and USC friends say stay in South Bend. All agree it's worth experiencing at least once and that the drive from Chicago to South Bend is extremely grim.

Back