• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

W-S and Triad--Weekday Sports Show 3-6 PM

BillDoodle

Reaction score
W-S Journal Sports Columnist Scott Hamilton has a weekday sports show from 3-6 PM on 1200 AM, 1230 AM and 1320 AM in the Triad.

It is also available by live stream at:
http://triad sports.com/pages/pages.php?page=191

Scott is one of five sports columnists in the state and writes for the Winston Salem Journal.

Scott's an AP Top 25 football voter (one of only 60 nationally) and on the panel for several other national college football awards.

He was formerly a senior writer at Golfweek magazine and the SportsBusiness Journal, and a Division I basketball beat writer for 5 years.

I occasionally try to listen to some sporting event on one of those AM frequencies and 95% of the time it's garbled static at best.

I listened to it a little bit a few times and honestly it will put you to sleep. It is as bad as "The Drive" with Marc James that used to be in that time slot. With apps like tune-in radio or satellite radio no reason to listen to it anyway.

I have listened and would think more college and pro football talk and less boxing and high school discussion.

I have listened and would think more college and pro football talk and less boxing and high school discussion.
There are sports radio shows that talk about boxing and high school football? That sounds miserable.

There are sports radio shows that talk about boxing and high school football? That sounds miserable.

The few times I've tried to listen to it, miserable is a descriptive word I'd use.

I'm guessing the show provides solid figure skating coverage?

Back