• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DT Josh Banks suspended for the rest of the season

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
http://www.journalnow.com/news/deac...cle_cd70d754-895c-11e5-9f87-cf89b9d022e2.html

Defensive tackle Josh Banks of Wake Forest has been suspended for the final three games of the season for what coach Dave Clawson described Thursday as a violation of team rules.

Banks, a redshirt junior from Cary, N.C., has started 21 straight games. He ranks eighth on the team with 24 tackles, which is the most by a defensive lineman. He also has two tackles for loss, a sack and a fumble recovery.

“I am disappointed this has occurred,'' Clawson said. "Hopefully this becomes a teachable moment for Josh and the other players in our program who will benefit in the long run.”

Ugh. Let's not rehash that subject. Same old posters will just show up to blow smoke up the administration's collective ass. Not like we were headed for a bowl anyway.

I disagree. I hate to be blunt, but this is becoming a chronic problem with Wake athletics. It's up to Clawson, Manning, Wellman and the powers that be to nip it in the bud.

I disagree. I hate to be blunt, but this is becoming a chronic problem with Wake athletics. It's up to Clawson, Manning, Wellman and the powers that be to nip it in the bud.

taxi-drive-clap.gif

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PhDeac again.

Well done, sir.

So I'm going to hit up the other punsters on this thread so I can get back to PhDeac.

3 games seems like a lot for some herb. Unless this is a teachable moment about how that now gets you three games.

JT Barrett got 1 Game for a DUI.

Why is it always a key/starter kid that runs amuck and never some kid on the scout team ?

Why is it always a key/starter kid that runs amuck and never some kid on the scout team ?

At least we do have more depth up front on defense than we have before. Yarberry, Harris, and Lewinson can all contribute to filling his spot the last 3 games.

Considering that people smoke with apples and typically scarf pizza after smoking, none of this surprises me in the least.

At least we do have more depth up front on defense than we have before. Yarberry, Harris, and Lewinson can all contribute to filling his spot the last 3 games.

Sorry live but this is the first time in months I've heard anyone even mention Lewinson....he's been MIA.

Back