• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Prediction Thread: UMBC @ Wake Forest - 8pm on ESPN3

DeacsATS

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
Reaction score
Wake Forest basketball kicks off the season tonight against the UMBC Retrievers.
ESPN3 coverage starting at 8pm.
No line available at this point (or perhaps at all).

UMBC's preview:
http://www.umbcretrievers.com/sports/mbkb/2015-16/releases/20151111iciyv8

Wake should dominate, even though we're short-handed (no CMM, Hudson, or Watson). Hoping for a blowout, though I'd expect to see a lot of walk-ons once it's decided (given the quick turnaround for Sunday's game @ Bucknell).

Give me:
Wake Forest - 84
UMBC - 63

Last edited:
The game is at 8:00.

Thanks, Ph... missed the obvious. Spent too much time looking for a point spread.

UMBC was a [name redacted] coached team from '86 to '88. Tonight we exorcise this demon and win 84-59. The stench of [name redacted] will remain with UMBC.

I'll go Deacs 152- UMBC 11.

Seriously, I see a 17-22 point win for us.

WFU looking for revenge for last year's 1st round defeat in the men's NCAA soccer tourney.

If they're as bad as they appear to be, then it will be interesting to see how much PT our starters get given the aforementioned quick turn around combined with our VERY short bench.

Are the two teams dedicating this game to the memory of Buzz? Maybe next year we can invite Colorado and Air Force too and have a kind of Buzz Memorial Tournament, where the loser gets the trophy.

They have 3 guys who made 3 or more 3 point shots in their last game. Gotsta guard dat perimeter.

UMBC was 4-26 last year and 344 in Kenpom (out of 351). 331 this year. This should be a blowout from the start.

Back