• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Renovations to the Joel?

wfu22fan

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
When will we replace the green seats in the upper level ? It's about 26 years overdue.

Wellman likes to keep it a neutral color so as to compliment the color of the opposing team's fans depending on who is in the building for the evening.

I was told at the Louisville game by an individual that would know that they are going to take about 3,000 seats out of the upper deck and install video boards in each of the four corners. The big scoreboard hanging over the floor will be removed. They are also going to install some risers for students to stand on. Don't know the timeline for this.

Putting a good team on the floor is biggest renovation needed, but the timeframe on this is uncertain.

Didn't we do some student risers a few years back?

Yeah for like 5 games. Quickly ended.

Evidently they showed some plans for the Joel at the Women's BBall Clinic with Manning, nothing else ever reported though. Wellman has promised it for 2 summers in his Gold Rush column and still hasn't delivered. Performance center getting all the attention now.

I was told at the Louisville game by an individual that would know that they are going to take about 3,000 seats out of the upper deck and install video boards in each of the four corners. The big scoreboard hanging over the floor will be removed. They are also going to install some risers for students to stand on. Don't know the timeline for this.
The big scoreboard is what, ten years old? After years of not having. Good strategery there.

Willing to reserve judgment but don't think I'm going to like this. The Joel is perfectly fine as is in years when we don't absolutely suck. Improving that variable is where the AD's focus ought to be, not on new scoreboards.

Who cares. They will remain empty regardless of the color. I am really disillusioned after my first visit in 5 years. Wellman fucked this program for a long time.

Soon, they'll be covering up entire sections with sponsor banners, just like they do in NASCAR.

I hope this proves inaccurate....particularly about removing the existing scoreboard ! I can't fathom going back to that archaic look without it.

I hope this proves inaccurate....particularly about removing the existing scoreboard ! I can't fathom going back to that archaic look without it.

It depends on the quality of the new video boards. The current one is really dated and small. Plus the Joel is too big for Wake bball. About 10,000 seats is all we need.

Back