• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is it time to sit John

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
Just too many TO's and bad decisions on his passes. How many pick 6 has he thrown? Just not convinced he is the future.

search

Last edited:
It has been past time. Too many screwups.

Last edited:
Every time I think he shouldn't see the field again he has a game like today's and makes me reconsider. There were a couple of letdowns but overall thought John played a hell of a game today. Especially considering that several times once he got into a rhythm Hinton would randomly appear.

Is Kearns just a drop back passer or can he move too? It will be interesting to see him in the QB mix next year with John and Kendall.

What's the chance that Jamie Newman (6'4" 230). who is enrolling early. gets a real shot next year?

I think Kearns has good size and a money arm. No mobility though.

strange to ask this question now after his best performance of the season minus that one blunder.

strange to ask this question now after his best performance of the season minus that one blunder.

My thought too.

He is a tremendous competitor and really a remarkable passer given that he has no time to pick out receivers and that he can't see over the line.

What's the chance that Jamie Newman (6'4" 230). who is enrolling early. gets a real shot next year?

I really hope we don't have a third straight season of relying on a true frosh QB. It would really be nice to be able to redshirt these guys (and then let them learn behind behind an experienced QB for another season or two).

Start Hinton and build around him next year. Emphasize the read and move the pocket.

Redshirt Newman. Let Kearns backup Hinton.

Allow Wolford to transfer to FIU.

Back