• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Richmond @ Wake Forest - 7pm - ESPN3 - Prediction/Game Thread

DeacsATS

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
Reaction score
Deacs 2-0 when I start a game thread... No reason to stop with that kind of success.

Gametime: 7pm
TV: ESPN3 - The flagship network of the Demon Deacons Basketball

Wake Forest opened -2 at my book... The line has since gone down to -1.5. Since I took a big loss wagering on Bucknell to beat us, I will likely abstain from actually betting on this one.
Over/Under opened at 153... Down to 149.5.

I expect a close game (as always seems to be the case when we play Richmond). Hoping our defense picks it up because I worry about Richmond putting up a big number.

Wake Forest 79
Richmond 78

I'd like to see Dinos have a nice game. He's been pretty bad so far this season.

I wouldn't say Dinos was bad against UMBC (other than on the defensive end), but yeah, it'd be nice if he could get his outside shot to start falling with some regularity.

I'd like to see McClinton step up with a good game because I have an irrational desire to defend him as a potentially important piece on a mediocre to solid ACC team. Maybe a double-double would quiet some folks around here (and earn him some more playing time when we get the full squad back).

I wouldn't say Dinos was bad against UMBC (other than on the defensive end), but yeah, it'd be nice if he could get his outside shot to start falling with some regularity.

I'd like to see McClinton step up with a good game because I have an irrational desire to defend him as a potentially important piece on a mediocre to solid ACC team. Maybe a double-double would quiet some folks around here (and earn him some more playing time when we get the full squad back).

I may be in the minority, but I think Dinos is going to see substantially less minutes than a lot are expecting moving forward if his defense doesn't improve, particularly his defensive rotations inside. If his three's aren't falling then we have other options that provide what he does without the defensive liability involved (i.e. John Collins).

Last edited:
I'll go Spiders 13 - Deacs 177.

Seriously, Richmond always plays us tough. I'm hopeful Wake ends up with a 6 to 10 win.

Doesn't mean anything, but one of the gambling sites I look at trend information on has us listed as the "Wake Forest Demons Decons"

Hadn't seen that before.

Of course, they also have the "Central Florida Gators"

Maybe I need to look at a different site.

Doesn't mean anything, but one of the gambling sites I look at trend information on has us listed as the "Wake Forest Demons Decons"

Hadn't seen that before.

Of course, they also have the "Central Florida Gators"

Maybe I need to look at a different site.

FYI KP has Wake 81-75, but that still includes preseason expectations for CMM and Hudson.

I may be in the minority, but I think Dinos is going to see substantially less minutes than a lot are expecting moving forward if his defense doesn't improve, particularly his defensive rotations inside. If his three's aren't falling then we have other options that provide what he does without the defensive liability involved (i.e. John Collins).

I agree with this. His defense has been astonishingly bad so far. If he's not scoring we might as well be playing 4 on 5, so sitting him for Collins would be a smart move to eliminate a huge liability on defense.

Now that I've said this, Dinos is probably going to drain like 8 threes tonight and put up 35 total. You're welcome, everybody.

Richmond - 82 Wake - 71

I don't have a great feeling abut this one.

I think that people will want to fire Ron Wellman at some point in the game thread.

Part of my hopes that Manning was just screwing around for the first halves against UMBC and Bucknell and we'll come out playing well against Richmond enroute to a solid 6-10 point win.

I agree with this. His defense has been astonishingly bad so far. If he's not scoring we might as well be playing 4 on 5, so sitting him for Collins would be a smart move to eliminate a huge liability on defense.

Now that I've said this, Dinos is probably going to drain like 8 threes tonight and put up 35 total. You're welcome, everybody.

Dinos is our third best player. I'm gonna base my judgement of him off of last year and his play at the World Championships this summer as opposed to 2 games. He's still averaging a double double even though his shot hasnt been falling and looks to have added some skill from last year--ability to put the ball on the floor and score around the basket. Anyway, he'll shoot around 40% from 3 this year on a large number of attempts so we need him on the floor as much as possible. Even when his shot isn't falling(past 2 games) he still stretches the defense and opens up lanes for his teammates. The criticism of him and calling for a severe reduction in his minutes is pretty uncalled for. There's plenty of minutes in the front court to be spread out between Dinos, Devin and JC.

Dinos has a monster game to silence the critics (or critic) and the Deacos cruise to a 10 point W.

Back