• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Least Suprising News Ever: AAU Led by Jock Sniffers, Molesters & All Around Dirtbags

TheTwinAndreBen

3 stacks
Reaction score
Least Suprising News Ever: AAU Led by Jock Sniffers, Molesters & All Around Dirtbags

The latest from OTL

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_...ws-questions-how-spends-money-adheres-mission

I want my kids around this guy:

i

But an Outside the Lines investigation has found that, in recent years, the AAU has operated in ways that raise questions about its adherence to its mission as a nonprofit organization. Interviews with more than a dozen people with intimate knowledge of the AAU, as well as reviews of public tax documents and confidential financial records, show:

• Executive leaders quietly paid the AAU's former president, Robert "Bobby" Dodd, $1.5 million when he stepped down in late 2011 amid allegations that he had molested young basketball players as a coach.

• The AAU ran up a $500,000 deficit over several years putting on its annual gala at a private club near New York City's Central Park. To cut costs in 2013 and 2014, the gala was moved to Orlando, Florida. This past April, however, the nonprofit's new leadership moved it back to New York.

• Current AAU president Roger Goudy showed a pattern of spending that raised internal concerns. In 2014, for instance, he charged nearly $17,000 on his corporate credit card over two weekends in Hermosa Beach, California, during national AAU events, twice staying at a pricey resort.

There are posters here and on the other boards who revel in their insider access to the AAU scene. Hmm...

Back